New game -> stuck on main menu 

Moderator: Moderatoren

41 Beiträge Seite 1 von 5
tenfoldko
Gauner
Gauner

Hey,
I've had this problem that I haven't been able to fix since release and I'm starting to think there's no solution, I hope that isn't the case anyway. The problem: After I click new game, the game takes me nowhere, it's just the main menu with the music playing.
This seemed like a problem others have had as well, but I've tried all the proposed solutions that worked for others to no avail.
In case you're interested, this is a steam discussion I made and tried everything suggested in there:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/933480/d ... 074370710/
Things I've tried:
1. Reinstall the game
2. Change the game directory from program files to C:/
3. Turn off onetweak and change resolution
4. give admin permissions to skse loader and launcher
5. Restarted/updated pc drivers.
6. disconnect controller.
7. launching the game through the folder, not steam.

I think I've tried other things too but I can't recall. One potentially useful piece of information is : My main menu background picture resembles skyrim, not Enderal, which is different from what I've seen on others' game on youtube. Pic: http://prntscr.com/mmgbtj
Maybe there's something I overlooked, and if not, then I hope this problem gains more attention.
I'll try to reply ASAP, looking forward to fix this, thanks.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Welcome to the forum :) !

I suspect Skyrim and / or Mod remains are still present.

Uninstall Skyrim and Enderal and manually delete all remaining folders (saves can be saved beforehand).
In ... \ documents \ my games ...
and steam \ steamapps \ common ...

Then re-install Enderal clean.
tenfoldko
Gauner
Gauner

Hello,
thanks for the reply. I have already tried that move, I deleted save files and and game files before reinstalling enderal. What's even more strange is the fact that I haven't played skyrim on my pc ever since I wiped my PC clean 40~ days ago, I don't get how it's interfering with Enderal. I've deleted the local save files too in case steam cloud interfered with anything.
I really hope there's a way to fix this.
Zuletzt geändert von tenfoldko am 19.02.2019 20:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Please send us your launcher.log
which can be found at:
... \ Enderal \ EnderalLauncher \ System \ Log
Facshn
Bettler
Bettler

May be i have a solution - you just need to delete a file with name SkyrimRedirector.ini in a folder \Enderal\Data\SKSE\Plugins
and game must loading
or check JCData in data\skse\plugins folder if not you must load it https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49743/

i has same problem but fix it with that

sorry for bad english
tenfoldko
Gauner
Gauner

Hey
Thank you so much for the quick replies.
@kermit61 Launcher.log is attached. @facshn I've tried the solution, it didn't work, maybe I didn't do it correctly though. Also, thanks for your help, you don't need to feel bad about your english :) , I appreciate it anyway.
Dateianhänge
Launcher.log
(16.35 KiB) 103-mal heruntergeladen
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

At first glance, your system should be ok in terms of performance.
If you have a Skyrim startup screen, your installation is somehow broken, because Enderal doesn't even have this screen.
Either you are mixing something or they are mods
tenfoldko
Gauner
Gauner

I tried deleting the game and reinstalling countless times, and I've made sure to delete every trace of skyrim that I could possibly have. I suspected the same thing as you, I even made a friend backup the game (it works for him, main menu is fine and all) and upload it to me, then I installed the game using his files, it didn't work. I don't know what is interfering in the installation. It's definitely not the download, since my friend shared his game with me. The question is, if something is interfering with the installation, how would I spot such a thing, and stop it on top of that?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

to the best of my knowledge, there are only these 3 folders per game that be possible:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My games\skyrim
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\skyrim
(if everything is installed by default)

With the current Enderal-FS from Steam of course Enderal, instead of Skyrim

If they are deleted after complete deinstallation, there shouldn't be anything old anymore (except for some ModManager maybe)

PS:
But my recommendation is not to install Steam and its games under C:\Program Files (x86)\ , but e.g. under C:\Games\. (always everything as administrator)
tenfoldko
Gauner
Gauner

Hey,
My steam folder is in C/ already so that should be taken care of, I made sure to run everything as admin too. I've deleted the files in 2 out of 3 of the folders you mentioned, I've went ahead and deleted the third folder but it doesn't seem to have solved the issue. I don't understand how the installation isn't properly done, when there's apparently nothing that interferes with it. I should repeat that I've formatted my system prior to installing Enderal by 40~ days, and I haven't played skyrim or modded it ever since, I've downloaded it after enderal in hopes of maybe fixing the problem, but the moment it didn't work I erased skyrim again. Anyhow, I'll try to reinstall the game, maybe something changes this time.
41 Beiträge Seite 1 von 5