does this overwrite skyrim completely?

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
d3aths
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

found out about this mod today from an article, it looks soo good and im always looking for new skyrim related stuff.
but im a little confused about how it works, i read the guide on the main site about how it backs up everything from skyrim, and launches enderal from the launcher instead of the main skyrim game. is my understanding correct that it basically changes it so you can't access the main skyrim game at all, but rather this standalone mod is the only game youll be playing instead?
can you play it with your skyrim characters you already have or does everything start completely fresh?
i was skimming the forums here for similar questions, and found one guy saying that it deleted everything in his skyrim folder including saves and mods. would it be safer maybe to download another copy of skyrim and have it in a different folder to my main game and all the mods etc i have on there, just for enderal? would that work for enderal or does it need the steam directory to install on properly?
i do own the games (multiple copies on diff consoles too) and not too sure about pirating stuff but i think thats legal if you have purchased a legit copy, if you only wanted to the game files as a copy or whatever.
Davipb
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 14 Mal

Enderal is a Total Conversion, which means that it replaces all the content in the original game - you won't be able to use your Skyrim saves or (most) Skyrim mods with Enderal.

The current version of the mod needs to be installed on top of an existing Skyrim installation and will backup & disable your current mods.

I do recommend you wait for the Steam version to release, which is coming out in two days (February 14th).
For that version, all you need is to own a legal copy of Skyrim Classic/Skyrim Legendary Edition on Steam - Skyrim doesn't even need to be installed, and you can have both Enderal and Skyrim installed and working side-by-side.

The Steam version is incompatible with saves made with the current version, so if you start now, you'll have to restart again in two days to experience the new content exclusive to the Steam version.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Is this Steam version the almost mythological :wink: Forgotten Stories?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Hello MacSuibhne
Yes,
the Enderal version from Steam (14.2.2019) contains the newest Enderal + Forgotten Stories.
It is a standalone installation, Skyrim will not be overwritten anymore.

Older Endereal installations are then obsolete and can be removed, they will no longer be suportet.
This also applies to the older savegames.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

13.02.2019 08:57Stefanie hat geschrieben:
Hello MacSuibhne
Yes,
the Enderal version from Steam (14.2.2019) contains the newest Enderal + Forgotten Stories.
It is a standalone installation, Skyrim will not be overwritten anymore.

Older Endereal installations are then obsolete and can be removed, they will no longer be suportet.
This also applies to the older savegames.
Do you have to play the whole game again from the beginning or can you just start in with the new content?
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

17.02.2019 16:21MacSuibhne hat geschrieben:
Do you have to play the whole game again from the beginning or can you just start in with the new content?
New game. Old saves are not compatible and would lead to bugs. Not only have new quests been added, but there have been several other adjustments and innovations that have been integrated into the game.
MacSuibhne
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

17.02.2019 16:43Kermit 61 hat geschrieben:
17.02.2019 16:21MacSuibhne hat geschrieben:
New game. Old saves are not compatible and would lead to bugs. Not only have new quests been added, but there have been several other adjustments and innovations that have been integrated into the game.
I wouldn't mind playing the game again and towards the end I was really looking forwards to new quests and stories. But knowing the beginning / ending and the premise it is based upon, kind of sours it for me.
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

17.02.2019 20:28MacSuibhne hat geschrieben:
But knowing the beginning / ending and the premise it is based upon, kind of sours it for me.
New endings, new classes and you never know what else has been changed throughout the world / game. :)
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1