Will this still work with the steam version?

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Taters
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

The voice acting in both the German and English versions of Enderal are very good quality, especially considering how small of a team Sureai are, however, I play the English version but I much prefer the German voice acting than the English one (American accents in medieval style games just seems a bit odd to me). What I usually do is download Enderal twice and replace the English voice acting file with the German version. Now Enderal and its dlc is moving to steam, will this still be possible?

Thanks.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

The English and German version have different amounts of voice lines. If you copy the German voice files into the English version do it, it will result in strange quests and subtitles as the versions are not 100% identical. And you'll be given no support reagrding any bugs that might occur through this.
Taters
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

19.01.2019 23:16stuemper hat geschrieben:
The English and German version have different amounts of voice lines. If you copy the German voice files into the English version do it, it will result in strange quests and subtitles as the versions are not 100% identical. And you'll be given no support reagrding any bugs that might occur through this.
Don't worry I've already played the game from start to finish like this and I could understand everything in the game through subtitles alone, I do come across the issue that sometimes the subtitles pass a bit quicker but thats fine, and there were no bugs related to doing this at all.
The thing I'm asking is will this still be possible with steam?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

it will be just as "not possible" as it is now - we do neither test nor support such constructions.
a workaround (with double download) that works now might work in the future as well,
but everything stuemper already said still applies ;)
Taters
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I may have not made it clear what the question is. I'm not asking for support for this or for anyone to test it, as I've said I've already played 100+ hours with this work around bug free.
But I'm unfamiliar with how Steam installs games, are you still able to access the individual files when you download a game on steam, and do you think it'll still be possible to download the game in two versions still?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

oh, sorry, thanks for the clarification :)

the game will be released in different languages, german and english are planned on release,
others will follow.
which one you download depends on you Steam preferences (Interface).
so, yes, you should still be able to download both :)
Taters
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Ok, great, thanks!
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1