Merry Christmas

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
freehehe
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

2018 is gone.Enderal wiil release steam in last week on steam?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal/ :dead:
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Time for a history lesson, here is as good as anywhere. This is based on my imperfect memory, and solely what I recall from the SureAI English forums; there may have been different discussions on the SureAI German forum or on external forums such as reddit.

When Nehrim was released (the total mod of Oblivion), there were a number of interesting but inactive sites that were side quests that had been started but not implemented, due to personnel changes, inter alia. Eventually SureAI released a DLC which completed and implemented most of those side quests, and also offered up an extensive new Main Quest part 2. Well, deja vu, it appears that this is SureAI's modus operandi.

Enderal was released, and once again there were 2 (at least) side quest chains that were started but not implemented, again, I believe, due primarily to personnel issues. At first, as I recall, SureAI said they might possibly some day finish up those 2 side quest chains (Rhalata and Golden Sickle). Then, it was announced that they would indeed offer a DLC completing and implementing those 2 side quests -- and Forgotten Stories was the name. It then seems that the concept grew, adding a new 3rd possible ending, then we were told of the new Phasmalist class, and recently, the new Lycantrope class.

I have no idea if these new classes were planned ab initio for FS or if the ideas just grew and grew. But I think it is quite likely that there are so many possible interactions with the new classes, spells, potions, abilities, talents, etc. that it will be quite a time-consuming task to beta-test it all. Add to that, beta testing will be required in 2 languages. All that means delays are inevitable. I wouldn't be surprised if FS is not released until well into 2019, perhaps in mid-summer on the 3rd anniversary of Enderal's release.

I was also under the impression (perhaps mistaken) that the original Enderal would be released on Steam, and that the FS DLC would be released separately on Steam. I am now wondering if perhaps FS will be incorporated into the Enderal Steam release. Just pure speculation on my part.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

24.12.2018 21:07badgesareus hat geschrieben:
I was also under the impression (perhaps mistaken) that the original Enderal would be released on Steam, and that the FS DLC would be released separately on Steam. I am now wondering if perhaps FS will be incorporated into the Enderal Steam release. Just pure speculation on my part.
There will be only one Steam version: Enderal including FS.
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1