Computer shuts itself down while I'm playing

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Quelyone
Bettler
Bettler

Hi guys. I will start with this words. I'm really depressed. I have played like 3-5h of Enderal with few crashes, but it was playable. But now... I can't play. It's so sad, because I started to really enjoy this game. It reminded me of my first blind playthrough of Skyrim, but to be honest story in Enderal is far more interesting.
But I can't progress any further because my computer is shutting itself down. It looks like this. I'm playing and suddenly monitor turns black and there is a message:

"NO SIGNAL

Entering the power saving mode shortly"
and after this my computer restarts itself. This issue appeared few times. One crash for 30-90 minutes, but now it's crashing everytime I load the game and play for 10 seconds. It started to be unplayable when I get to the place on the map in the woods, almost at some big house, near place where main quest sends me to find place where some guy (his name starts with "Y", but I don't remember full name and I can't check it ) to find some thing that he threw into sea. (Beginning of the game almost.)

I have installed only 1 mod, and even without it problem persists.

Enderal - Enhanced Character Edit

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7 ... Zl_qoHGWgQ

It happens only in Enderal. I can play Witcher 3 and everything else and there is no issue.
I don't know if this will help but I will post my computer statistics.

Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
8,00GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1060
Windows 10 64bit

I hope that somehow I will manage to fix it with your help guys, but I don't know what to do. This game is absolutely amazing and I'm so sad that this issue is making my playthrough unplayable for now.

I will really appreciate any advice.
Eledwen
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 72 Mal

Hi and welcome to the forum!

This is certainly a big problem. But whether it is related to Enderal or not, that remains to be seen. It sounds rather hardware related, to me. Some very general questions:

- Does this occur in any other location in-game? As in, if you load your save and go somewhere else, do some other quest - does the problem occur then also? Can you load an older save and play with it? Can you start a new game and play then?
- Does anything change if you try starting and playing the game on really low GPU settings?
- What does your event viewer say? Kernel-Power Problem, unexpected shutdown, or how is the event marked?
- When you say, you can play other games just fine. How long can they run, before the issue presents itself, if at all?
- Are there any noticeable hick ups when you boot your PC, or in its daily use?
- What about overclocking? Do you use that?

- I have also found this in an old thread, and according to the last post there, your problem might be an autosave bug that shuts the GPU completely off. In that case, most of your saves are probably broken and you'll need to both turn this feature off in the Enderal Launcher /Game Settings and start a new game.
Quelyone
Bettler
Bettler

Hi! Thank you for your message and sorry for my late answer.
- Does anything change if you try starting and playing the game on really low GPU settings?
You mean on the lowest graphic settings? If yes, then crashing was delayed, but it still ocurred, but a little later.
- When you say, you can play other games just fine. How long can they run, before the issue presents itself, if at all?
Other games are working normal and there is no any issue as far as I know.
- Are there any noticeable hick ups when you boot your PC, or in its daily use?
No.
- What about overclocking? Do you use that?
No. I don't know how to do it.
- Does this occur in any other location in-game? As in, if you load your save and go somewhere else, do some other quest - does the problem occur then also? Can you load an older save and play with it? Can you start a new game and play then?
No. This only occur in my newest save I think. I can start new game and everything is fine. When I saw your question's I loaded older save and came to the same place where everything was crashing and it didn't for 30 minutes and it should have crashed after 10 seconds. I don't know but maybe you have found the answer. :D I think my save was damaged.

Well. I'm going now to play and I will write later if the problem is gone, but I feel like this is it, cause I progressed in game further the place where it was crashing like hell.
Quelyone
Bettler
Bettler

Damn. It is still crashing, but after crash when I load previous save before entering the place where crash happened I can go there and enter that place and it's okay. I've been playing since last post and it crashed 5 times so far. I think it is fairly playable. I'm moving forward and so far game is amazing.
- I have also found this in an old thread, and according to the last post there, your problem might be an autosave bug that shuts the GPU completely off. In that case, most of your saves are probably broken and you'll need to both turn this feature off in the Enderal Launcher /Game Settings and start a new game
I tried few minutes ago to start a new game and before that I have unchecked autosave's in both Enderal Launcher and in game but problem persists.
- What does your event viewer say? Kernel-Power Problem, unexpected shutdown, or how is the event marked?
After one of the crash-shutdown I have checked Event Viewer. Problem is not in game but in my windows. There is wirtten that source of shutdown is "Microsoft-Windows-Perflib" with "Event id: 1008" and Microsoft-Windows-PerfNet" with "Event id:2004". There are some informations on the internet how to fix this, but they sound quite hard, especially for someone like me who know nothing about computer stuff.

It is playable, but I don't know - is there any chance that this shutdowns can damage computer?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hm, no, you really shouldn't play like that :/
there's a good chance that this will damage your hardware in the long run :(

you probably saw this thread, which tries to solve both IDs?

the linked tutorial about solving event ID 1008 requires an *.ini,
I can only guess that it's name (/path?) is stated in the event manager :?:

(can't really give you any other advice, sorry :( )

we need to ask this, since anything else could of course be a reason for that problem -
you are using legal copies of Windows/Skyrim/Enderal, yes?

we could still take a look at your log files,
even if a different solution is somewhat unlikely.

the papyrus logs are located in Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script,
Papyrus.0.log is the newest.

you probably have to turn logging on first though;
edit the lines in the skyrim.ini (Documents\My Games\Skyrim like that, than play up to the next crash.
Code: Alles auswählen
[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0000
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

the launcher.log ist located in
...\Skyrim\Enderallauncher\system\log

could you please attach both to a post here :) ?
Quelyone
Bettler
Bettler

This all is too complicated for me. I give up.

And when I launched computer today it shutted itself down even though I wasn't in Enderal... I'm too afraid of trying to fix this issue coz it may get worse while it keep crashing.

I have decided to play Enderal on different computer. Can't play on the maxiumum settings there, but it doesn't bother me and everything else works as it should. I've been playing all morning and I love how interesting quests are designed in Enderal. I wish that Skyrim had at least similar level. Thank you very much guys for trying to help.

Topic can be closed.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

29.11.2018 12:48Quelyone hat geschrieben:
This all is too complicated for me. I give up.
It could be a hardware defect (Ram?) :thumbsdown: .
Or a virus. Scan for viruses!
Or reinstall Windows completely.
Eledwen
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 72 Mal

We will close it, but honestly, this sounds like you have a problem with your PC already. :( Enderal might have brought it to the fore, but it would have appeared anyway, at some point.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1