2 questions

Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
SilvaraDeWinter
Bettler
Bettler

I know that is a bad sugject heading but it's what I could come up with.

Now onto why I am making this post. I have started a new Enderal run with the intent of making it a little more "immersive" so I installed iNeed and bathing in Skyrim (both work) but while I was doing some cooking I realized that I could not find any use for all the carrots I had picked up. Looking at the Skyrim wiki there is a Beef stew that is the only original base Skyrim recipe that used carrots and for what ever reason it was not kept in Enderal. They also removed the Elseweyr fondue but since that was a magic regen food rather then health I can understand removing that one but I wonder why the removal of the beef stew.

My second thing is a little more convoluted. I have been trying to complete different quests as fully as possible and noting differences based on what you do to end the quest. Like the "Voice from the Water" side quest. If you don't extort money from the brother the wife lives vs if you get money or money and necklace she dies. (also if your near the ghost when she is done exploding the bro there is a few seconds of sudo dialogue with her looking at you with sorrow and ____ either gratefulness or wrath which tells you want happened to the wife. which I found to be a nifty little detail)

Well while doing this I was trying to find all 10 Affinities mentions in the game. Since that is a quest and as you read books or talk to certain people it gets updates. The problem is when I read the "Tales of the Wanderer: The Seraph" I get the entry for "The legendary Endralean Keeper Loram Waterblade". Now Loram Waterblade was a battle mage not a seraph. The Seraph's entry is meant to say "The Wanderer reports of a light mage, who equipped himself with heavy plates" so it almost seems like that what ever book is meant to tell us about waterblade got mixed up with seraph's book. I am also having an oddity of the wandering traveler/merchant in the farmers coast tells me about the Blade Breaker but my quest journal is not updating with it, but that's less annoying then not being able to find Waterblade's book and getting the Seraph's entry.

editing my post as I realized I forgot to actually put my questions in here.
1. why was the beef stew taken away? my poor carrots have nothing to be cooked into... (then again they also added onions and nothing to cook those into something and I can't bring myself to eat them raw as in my head I give myself a negative rhetoric effect as most people don't want to talk to some one with onion breath)
and
2. What book or merchant am I meant to learn the Loram waterblade affinity hit from so I can see if it pops the seraph's instead?
Zuletzt geändert von SilvaraDeWinter am 25.08.2018 02:25, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

first, my english is horrible, sorry^^
-Mods created for Skyrim rarely run in Enderal, most of them are not compatible, so be careful with them.
-There are some quests with different ends, and it's not always as satisfying (drama) in Enderal as in other games.
-You can only use one affinity, with the right configuration 2-3 times alternately.
The quest is not meant to explore all 10, but rather an indication of these quite hidden bonuses.
-The techniques of the Loram Waterblade are stand-alone and not dependent on other special effects.
-Why recipes have been changed has something to do with the changed healing function, so they have nothing to do with Skyrim anymore.
Eledwen
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 72 Mal

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

To the first, there is nothing I can say beyond what has been said by Stefanie.

To the second, I think I saw that skill a few times at the nehrimese artifact verndor in the aristocract's quarter. I am not sure what spell stage it was, though. Alternatively, you can add the skill books via console - type in 'help loram' to get the right ID codes, and then use 'player.additem ID-code 1' command. Which would be cheating, but if you can't find the them otherwise...
SilvaraDeWinter
Bettler
Bettler

I think I worded 2 baddly. I am not trying to actually have my character get all 10 affinities I am trying to finish the quest that is you finding out ABOUT them. I have found 8-9 out of the 10 affinities for the quest journal/log but I have yet to find a way to get the last one to pop up in the log to read about it. Like what it's source is. I know 6 are mentioned in the wanderer tale's books, 2 from the merchant in ark, and 1 from a merchant/traveler in the farmer's coast area. I was wondering if any one knew if that last one for the quest to find mentions of these affinities is found in a book or from some other person I have some out missed in my 4-6 runs of this game so far.

as for the first question it was more of a I am just puzzled about the lack of beef stew.

and yes I know that not all mods port over to Enderal I have been very careful about that but I noted that both iNeed and Bathing in Skyrim are compatible. As it stands my game is stable even with my 181 installed mods with 147 active plugins. tho most of those are either the basic "Dialoge box fix" or Textures or Armors.
Xandariel
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 17 Mal

I dont recall the exact wording of the quest. However, the task is not to find all 10 but rather to attain one. Take my last playthrough. I hadnt found out about the "Black Mage" ingame yet, but as soon as I got the 10 points in both required trees and attained the trait, the quest finished successfully.

Finding them all is something you might try as a personal quest you set yourself but it is not required to finish the quest successfully.
SilvaraDeWinter
Bettler
Bettler

True Xandariel which brings me back to the question I was trying to ask. I can find at most information on 9 of the 10 affinities. I was wondering if there is a specific book or person I am missing to get the 10th. Especially considering that the book that is titled "the Seraph" actually gives me the Loram Waterblade entry rather then the seraph one. Loram Waterblade was a Battlemage not a seraph. I was hoping to find a book about Loram to read but so far the wiki does not show anything of the sort. All the rest I at least get to read a book about or get told a story by some one about them. I want to read/hear about Battlemage.
Mattanja
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 103 Mal

Hm, it could be a bug or some unwanted behaviour, because judging from the objectives text, the one with Loram Waterblade should not be learned by the book of the Wanderer, but I am not sure. You can report it in the Bugtracker.
Which of the 10 Objectives is the one you are still missing?

Concerning the food: Even though it is just a minor detail, I would love to see a handful of new recipes in the DLC, that give some more ingredients a purpose, as it kind of bugged me as well while playing that I could never use some of them ^^
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but during the MQ "Interlude" if you ask Commander Leora Eren about Loram Waterblade, she will tell you:

"He was a keeper...One of the best, and one of the most virtuous.

Even though he was only of the Manufacturer's Path, both his talent and path-abidingness made the former Grandmaster, Dal'Kapos, grant him the noviciate.

And in case you were wondering, his name derives from the fact that he was excellent at both swordplay and magic...Elementalism and Thaumaturgy to be precise. That was uncommon in those days; you were either a keeper or an arcanist. "
SilvaraDeWinter
Bettler
Bettler

I am with you mattanja about a few more recipes being added I feel so bad for the carrots and onions. Why add onions if you won't let us cook with them?

and ya it most likely is a bug that the "Seraph" book pops the battlemage text for that quest but I don't think you can actually get all 10 flavor texts for all 10 affinities which is kind of sad.

Thank you Badgesareus! that might be what I am looking for. It at least gives you a little bit of an idea about Loram. Still really kind of wish there was a book about him. He sounds soooo cool. I know during the Yero quest his name got mentioned in passing but no details about how he fought were mentioned in that quest.

Guess I will go try and hunt down this Commander Leora Eren and have a chat with this individual.

as a side note I made a document for myself to track food crafting and another for the affinities which is why I was asking were you get told about Loram. admittedly I only ever choose the assassin affinity as it's the only one whos bonuses are worth it to me.
SilvaraDeWinter
Bettler
Bettler

Side note. I think the reason they got rid of the beef stew was that it was stamina focused rather then health like the Elswery Fondue being Mana focused which is why I thought they removed/did not make an Enderal version of it. I did not realize that Beef Stew was for Stamina when I originally posted this.
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1