Moderator: Moderatoren

39 Beiträge Seite 4 von 4
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

jeez, people

I didn't follow this thread to closely,
but Jaknet is absolutely right, this is getting absurd.

you both realize that Celestis posted this because he doesn't speak english, yes?
he..
probably throws this thread through the google translator or something to vaguely follow it.
I wouldn't blame him if he gave up :|

(also, badgesareus, we don't mind polite discussions, but please stop it with the insults :/ )

(I edited lusine's post, since I'm pretty sure
that Celestis won't pick apart this thread and decide which version is actually right.
he'd probably like a shiny copy paste)

edit auf deutsch für Celestis
der Link geht auf auf eine copy/paste freundliche Version :)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

also, badgesareus, we don't mind polite discussions, but please stop it with the insults
So you think it is perfectly OK to use the word "anal" in describing a discussion point? That is not an insult? I was not the first one to use it. Perhaps you might endeavor to be a bit more balanced in your critiques.

I should also like to point out that when the English version of Enderal was released, one or more SureAI team members (Nick? Caleb? I don't remember who exactly) specifically requested in this forum that corrections to the English grammar be offered. If such corrections are no longer of interest to SureAI, please let me know, so I will not spend any more of my time offering them.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

12.08.2018 07:37badgesareus hat geschrieben:
also, badgesareus, we don't mind polite discussions, but please stop it with the insults
So you think it is perfectly OK to use the word "anal" in describing a discussion point? That is not an insult? I was not the first one to use it. Perhaps you might endeavor to be a bit more balanced in your critiques.

I should also like to point out that when the English version of Enderal was released, one or more SureAI team members (Nick? Caleb? I don't remember who exactly) specifically requested in this forum that corrections to the English grammar be offered. If such corrections are no longer of interest to SureAI, please let me know, so I will not spend any more of my time offering them.
[+] +
- as you probably noticed, I'm not a native speaker.
dict.cc shows me about "anal" in this context just stuff I'd translate as "nitpicky" or "pedantic"
(and doesn't mark them as offensive),
nothing I would percieve as insulting (I'm german though, we are pedantic :P).
you're saying I'm wrong and I believe you.
sorry about that.

- I'm just a moderator, my word doesn't overwrite dev's.
please do offer corrections.

but also, please take a step back and look at the last two pages.
this thread declined to barely more than (sorry) a "pissing contest".
this is my final answer to that, feel free to pm me.
I'm not willing to let this thread derail any further :)
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

To get this back on topic, I'll shortly post my version / versions of the cover text.

Please DO NOT pick my post apart... If you have a different opinion, then simply post your version of the text and leave it to SureAI to decide what they want. I'm not going to discuss or comment on any other person's version of the cover text as that's not the point of this thread. :)
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 41 Mal

Moral of the story: Do not rely on Google Translator for anything except for private use. If one cannot be a fluent and accurate writer in another language, then find someone who is and not use Google Translator.
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

I've kept as close as possible to the text in the image of the cover for this version.

upper text
Two years after the events of Nehrim - At Fate's Edge, A completely new adventure awaits you in Enderal.
A story independent of Skyrim, with lots of new places to discover. Over 100 hours of gametime and much
more awaits you in Enderal - The Shards of Order, the newest masterpiece from SureAI.

lower text
Two guild questlines: Join the Golden Sickle, Enderal's most influential merchants' guild.
Experience an exceptional non-linear story that deals with intrigue and greed.
Delve into the secrets behind the Rhalâta, the mysterious cult ruling the Undercity.

A story mission revolving around the Sea Of Eventualities and Yuslan Sha'Rim's past.
A mission that allows the player to explore in detail the death of a certain character.
A secret ending for the main-quest and a new class: the "Phasmalist".
A quest shedding light on the Veiled Woman's origins.

New bounty missions - New Weapons, new Sets and new Spells. Several game-play changes and additions,
such as hidden talents, rebalanced and overhauled crafting skills, high-level crafting,
and enchantment that makes investing in craftsmanship a lot more rewarding.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

The German version of the cover by Celestis states:
"Über 100 Stunden Spielzeit und vieles mehr erwarten en euch."
"Erwarten" is the third person plural of the verb. The third person plural form of the English verb "to await" is "await". Obviously Celestis wrote this using correct German grammar, I should think it is desirable to translate it as originally written using correct English grammar -- "Over 100 hours of gametime and much more await you."

https://www.vocabulix.com/conjugation/q ... an_present

Präsens
ich erwarte
du erwartest
er erwartet
wir erwarten
ihr erwartet
sie erwarten

https://en.bab.la/conjugation/english/await

Present
I await
you await
he/she/it awaits
we await
you await
they await
Celestis
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 147 Mal

urst hat geschrieben:
you both realize that Celestis posted this because he doesn't speak english, yes?
he..
probably throws this thread through the google translator or something to vaguely follow it.
I wouldn't blame him if he gave up :|
@urst give up? NO, because I see it that way, if I start something, I'll do it alas ^^ at least as good as I can
I try very hard to enrich the community with extres like DVD Covers + Lable - OST CD Covers as well as World-
maps (posters), but being insulted is not right. Ok that was not different in the German area. Nevertheless,
I have finished the Enderal BNE cover / quadrology cover + Lable: D Many have thanked downloaded and also
determined printed :)

It is a fine thing for many that there is, because many print it out to have an eyecatcher on the shelf. Better a
game with a shell than just a file on the hard drive.

Jaknet hat geschrieben:
I've kept as close as possible to the text in the image of the cover for this version.

Thanks for your support :thumbsup:
Will copy the text and upload the cover tomorrow :)
Celestis
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 147 Mal

So the Enderal + DLC DVD cover is ready and will not create any more.

Myrus Aureal Celestis
Dateianhänge
Enderal Dark side DLC Cover GB 1.2.jpg
Enderal Dark side DLC Cover GB 1.2.jpg (2.68 MiB) 1793 mal betrachtet
39 Beiträge Seite 4 von 4