[SPOILERS]Nehrimese at the harbor

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Remus95
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

[SPOILERS]Hi. after advancing a bit in the main quest, and after protecting the city agaisnt the nehrimese, they seem to have established a stronghold at the harbor. Never really noticed it until recently when I decided to go through there while on a quest. The nehrimese seem to be invincible though. Every time I "kill" them they get incapacitated as if they were essential npcs. Is it a known bug, is there a way to fix it?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

no, that's the intended behavior :)
it's not really ideal, but the alternative would probably be to allow the player to kill the whole army
and have them wonder why that doesn't stop the siege :/
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

I swear that one day this whole mess of a siege gets fixed.
Remus95
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

I see. I understand your point of view about killing the entire army. But just the fact that one single man can incapacitate the whole army is pretty nonsensical too so might as well kill them :) but anyway thanks for the information, i guess im just gonna try to ignore the harbor nowadaysé
Unedjis
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 11 Mal

An elaborate (infinite) spawn system for Nehrimese soldiers would be awesome ... but the engine is probably way too wonky for that. Looking at the Civil War battles in regular Skyrim, this would be an absolute sh*tshow performance- and otherwise. Also infinite spawns = infinite XP (but also infinite fun). Unless it's really waves of increasing difficulty, and eventually they'll get you. Bombardement comes to mind, like from the Fire Archers but a lot harder to avoid and with way more damage. Basically once you get to the last real wave, you get a warning of some sort, and if you don't get out of the area by then, you get incinerated or whatever.

Otherwise you'd really get the same problem as in Gothic II, where you could just kill every orc laying siege to the castle, and still everybody acts like the threat was still there. And if you decide to open the gates, suddenly a bunch of new orcs spawn.
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 41 Mal

10.07.2018 22:25Unedjis hat geschrieben:
Otherwise you'd really get the same problem as in Gothic II, where you could just kill every orc laying siege to the castle, and still everybody acts like the threat was still there. And if you decide to open the gates, suddenly a bunch of new orcs spawn.
+1000 for the reference to the Castle and its environs in the Valley of Mines!
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1