Feedback on Nehrim

Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Petzi
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hi, I played all the way through Nehrim and I thought I'd share my thoughts on it. The parts I liked best, the parts that were kind of bad. Watch out, there might be spoilers ahead.

The whole thing was very solid. Not only was it excellent, but it was long, too. I especially loved the story, which, (as promised) was deep and original, I liked how it flowed and evolved as new characters were introduced, others disappeared, etc. I also loved the environments, of which there was a lot of variety and were really pretty; and those segments with moving props (elevators, boats, the gliding machine, etc), although they seemed artificial, added a very nice touch.

So now let me focus on the bad parts. A big problem for me was the translation; I had to play the English version and it was mighty incomplete. Occasionally, the subtitles would change from English to German mid-sentence, leaving me to wonder the rest of what the character was saying. The same goes for books, items, everything. It really broke the immersion and sometimes I had to exit the damn game and go look up a translation on the wiki. I wish that for your next project, you had the game fully translated before releasing the English version.

Another big thing is the incompleteness of the mod. For example, I traveled all the way to Treomar to enter the Nexus halls to find that they weren't finished yet. Not only that, but after the mod was updated and I could finally enter the building, I found that at the end there was an elevator that never went down, and the dungeon remained incomplete. Also, in the book Dark Forest Mystery I read that there was a mysterious house in the middle of the Dark Forest - I found a couple of houses, but never the one in the book, which made me feel kind of let down. The most annoying thing, though, I think was the blank Star ship logs that I found on the crashed star people ships. The star people are really interesting, and I'd love to learn more about their lore, so it was frustrating to find that the captain's log, instead of having a 20 page story about the star people, was totally blank. Questions remain unanswered, like when they got to our planet and why are some of them crashed in the middle of nowhere and are aggressive to me. And the death records in the cemetery to the west didn't have much of interest in them, unfortunately. Oh, and the crafting's kind of useless and unfinished.

Nehrim also has a problem that haunted Oblivion but was "fixed" in Fallout 3: The map is huge but has a lot of small, boring dungeons. In Oblivion, these were a plague, in Fallout 3 they were a lot less but better dungeons, while in Nehrim there's still a lot of them but you solved the problem in your own way, which is by adding the Armor sets and Nehrim runes. These at least gave those small dungeons a purpose, a reason for me to actually go in. I know this is more of an engine thing, but I wish there was a way to keep track of what dungeons you've entered. Despite all this, the big map does give an impression of a huge, epic world, so I guess I'd rather have it this way than a smaller, condensed map. On an unrelated note, I wish there were multiple Safe chests instead of just one, because by the end of the game it took my computer 2 minutes to open the chest because of my millions of items. And in another note, I wish I could give the street musician in Erothin a coin.

Finally, I'd like to complain about the World of a Thousand Towers. Although it's sort of an easter egg and a demonstration, I wish it was more refined. The loss trigger doesn't even work, you can cheat by attacking the NPCs yourself, it takes way too long for them to walk the entire path and it could probably use some balacing.

Well, thanks a lot for this wonderful mod, I really hope it wasn't that painful to work on and I hope you fix those annoying bugs! I probably forgot some of the stuff I wanted to write here, but oh well. I'll be sure to play Cube Experimental some time and I'm awaiting your next project anxiously! Cheers.
Crosshair
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Than you for your feedback.
Concerning the translation: We are planning a fully synced english version of enderal.
NamelessHero
Gauner
Gauner

Correct me if I'm wrong but I felt that besides the main quest line, there wans't much to do. Sure there were a few questlines(although some were very long and interesting) but the world seemed kind of...empty? Some of the new models were also kind of ugly like the templar armor.

And yeah, crafting wasn't very good, especially blacksmithing.
greenlight
Eliath
Eliath
Danksagung erhalten: 57 Mal

NamelessHero hat geschrieben:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I felt that besides the main quest line, there wans't much to do. Sure there were a few questlines(although some were very long and interesting) but the world seemed kind of...empty?
Thats pretty much exactly what SureAI tries to do better in Enderal. Somewhere I read that most of content in Nehrim was created in the last year (they re-started the entire project two times...), so they couldn't get as much detail into the world as they wanted to. But the planing for Enderal is much better now, I think the story was done completely even before the Creation Kit was released. And in addition, the team is better organized and bigger than it was for Nehrim. I hope they will keep all the good aspects of Nehrim and improve on the rest.
lozzyloveyou
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I figure I might offer my opinion (since this is the critique part of the forum).

This mod was absolutely outstanding. Just finished the game now (2am in England, ha) and it took me about 30 hours with a few other quests involved. Most games these days give you about 6 - 8 hours >_>. Anyway, this was easily the best single player mod I have ever played. The story was brilliant, the artistic layout of the world, the dynamics...everything! I cannot believe this was released for free.

I also cannot believe I had not heard of this mod. I found it by googling "full convert mod oblivion" I figured I would find it by word of mouth or by sorting the popularity of oblivion's mods on Nexus etc. Shame because this deserves to be renowned.

Thank you so much for the experience of playing this. Its a game I wont forget!

Oh and my favorite multiplayer mod is called Forgotten Hope, another German mod. I guess it makes sense the best engineers in the world make the best mods.

Good luck with everything in the future. I look forward to your future releases with massive anticipation.

Lozzy.
Zak
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

Petzi hat geschrieben:

A big problem for me was the translation;

Another big thing is the incompleteness of the mod. For example, I traveled all the way to Treomar to enter the Nexus halls to find that they weren't finished yet. Not only that, but after the mod was updated and I could finally enter the building, I found that at the end there was an elevator that never went down, and the dungeon remained incomplete. Also, in the book Dark Forest Mystery I read that there was a mysterious house in the middle of the Dark Forest - I found a couple of houses, but never the one in the book, which made me feel kind of let down. The most annoying thing, though, I think was the blank Star ship logs that I found on the crashed star people ships. The star people are really interesting, and I'd love to learn more about their lore, so it was frustrating to find that the captain's log, instead of having a 20 page story about the star people, was totally blank. Questions remain unanswered, like when they got to our planet and why are some of them crashed in the middle of nowhere and are aggressive to me. And the death records in the cemetery to the west didn't have much of interest in them, unfortunately. Oh, and the crafting's kind of useless and unfinished.

but I wish there was a way to keep track of what dungeons you've entered.

Finally, I'd like to complain about the World of a Thousand Towers. Although it's sort of an easter egg and a demonstration, I wish it was more refined. The loss trigger doesn't even work, you can cheat by attacking the NPCs yourself, it takes way too long for them to walk the entire path and it could probably use some balacing.
1. *Cough german modding team cough*! What the hell do you expect cough*
2. *Cough took four years to make cough* wanted to release it, by the time they were doing the last patch of nehrim skyrim came out probably wanted to quickly patch it up and start Enderal, *cough MYSTERY cough! not supposed to know cough* *cought the Aeterna and Star people landed on a crashed star, as the name suggests cough the ship in the crater crashed because of the aeterna war camp nearby cough they used to be at war cough* Crafting they COMPLETELY made themselves cough was a nice addon sliver sword making was imperative for me cough*
3. *cough just remember or DO them cough, or don't discover them*
4. *cough didn't even know loss trigger existed didn't need it cough EASTER EGG cough Xerobilon was a bloody master piece! cough*
Zuletzt geändert von Zak am 21.01.2014 16:20, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Zak
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

NamelessHero hat geschrieben:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I felt that besides the main quest line, there wans't much to do. Sure there were a few questlines(although some were very long and interesting) but the world seemed kind of...empty? Some of the new models were also kind of ugly like the templar armor.

And yeah, crafting wasn't very good, especially blacksmithing.
I WILL correct you NOTHING MUCH TO DO?????????? I have 300 hours of gameplay on Nehrim! and that's 3 playthroughs, three! Hundreds of dungeons were they empty? Because I don't think so! The world was bloody huge from level one to fifty five! Ugly? The some of the sets were beautiful especially the magic ones and northern king and Shadow God armor. And the Templar armor was a lovely creation I literally do not agree with one word XD.
greenlight
Eliath
Eliath
Danksagung erhalten: 57 Mal

Well the world was in fact rather empty on side quests. In the north or in Ostian/the desert there were very few sidequests, alone in Erothin there were more. But still the sheer amount of well designed dungeons makes up for that.
Zak
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Well here is my simplified view:

Things that went well:
Amazing storyline
Huge world to explore, with virtually no boundaries
Loads of differing dungeons to delve in
Beautiful world! Just beautiful!
Lots of gameplay material 300hrs for me
Loved the teleport only transport, all the travelling made me feel like a hardened adventurer :P Down with swift travel!
I loved the side quests like Darius' treasure hunt, Bounty, Traces
Treomar.... Oh my God just wow
Special respects:
Who ever made Xerobilon, Citadel of the Shadow God, Nexus Halls, all of Treomar too :P, Galleries of King Daromith I and Inodan A hats off two you, they were bloody amazing.
The main theme is a master piece Lukas!

Problems:
Aww im gonna be nit picky here...

Dark Forest I had huge fps lag.. Like 4-5 frame each second not good I hear it happened in Erothin too, though I never experienced this.
Numerous crashes although my fault it was annoying it crashed whenever I waited/slept/entered an area while autosaving, and random crashes too.
I had murders committed even though I did not. I really had to be careful, and sometimes use the console to avoid this with 'kill' IE killing a Middlerealm soldier in the main quest, bandits etc.
Again this clearly not your fault Bethesda's but the combat was generic but clearly looking at the dev blog XD XD XD this is going to fixed!
Jumping bugs were annoying too, but I think that was unavoidable with Oblivions engine.
More side quests would be nice
More interactive people, but I already know this is going to be improved as well.

A respect for Enderal:
Marvin Kopp, Blood and Iron and In the Sunlight. How is it possible to make such masterpieces?
Whoever first thought of these talents should be given lots of cookies!

Overall, best RPG GAME played!.... At least so far :D
TZO_Dnmr2K5
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

My biggest critique would have to be the micro-script...And there's a mod that fixes that, Not much else comes to mind as this was/is a herculean effort to create a new game for free, and as such I've seen more bugs from commercial releases than from your mods!

As far as English voices go, please don't use North Americans, use folks from the UK, There's nothing as non-immersive as having contemporary accents/colloquialisms mucking up your otherwise masterful environments!

==========Google translate=========

Meine größte Kritik müsste die Mikro-script sein ... Und es gibt eine Mod, die festlegt, dass nicht viel mehr in den Sinn kommt, da dies war / ist eine herkulische Anstrengung, um ein neues Spiel kostenlos zu erstellen, und als solche habe ich gesehen mehr Fehler von kommerziellen Versionen als von Ihrem Mods!

Was die englischen Stimmen gehen, benutzen Sie bitte nicht die Nordamerikaner, verwenden Sie Leute aus Großbritannien, gibt es nichts als nicht-immersive als mit modernen Akzenten / Umgangssprache Ausmisten Ihr sonst meister Umgebungen!
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1