Possible bug - Stats on weapons and armour? (Minor spoilers)

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Chill
Bettler
Bettler

Hi Folks,

Firstly, congrats on Nehrim - it is very well done.

That said, I find some item stats/values to be way off kilter? For example, the Destruction Armour set so far has a protective value of 1 (maybe this changes when it is a full set, but so far each bit has had that). Yet it weighs a ton. Even with the magical enhancements it is easily surpassed by many other sets of armour and even normal gear.

Mithril Greaves have protective value of 2 - but so do Chain Greaves and the chain greaves are also a little lighter! Shouldn't it be the other way around - and Mithril protecti a bit more than regular chainmail? There are many examples of this kind of thing too. For example Old Battle Mage robes protect to 3 and weigh 0.4 A fur cuirass and leggings gives the same and weighs much more. Runed Iron armour given about the same protection and weighs a huge amount more!

In fact most armour seems low in protective capability (ie. 1 or 2 with occasional 3 or 4, so far, barring some druid robes I found which protect to 6 and weigh about 0.4!) and the heavy armour always weighs a ton yet generally offers no more protective value than the light armour or in regular clothing in some cases!

Weapons are skewed too - the Destruction sword only does 4 damage plus 1 point of life absorpbtion - why even bother with it? Even a Steel Longsword is better than this 'magic' blade (6 damage).

The Blood Prince's axe is damage of 11 (plus 2 points of life absorption) but is two-handed - yet it is fairly easy to get one handed blades doing much more or comparable amounts (eg. a common Steel Battle Axe does 10). Most two handed blades have this issue, even what sound to be the 'good' ones like a fine steel claymore are equal or inferior to equivalent one handed blades.

Swords also seem weak a lot of the time, relative to blunt eg. The light-leavened sword from Iselas is damage of 6 (plus 5 magic) whereas the axe you get at the same time is 10 (plus 5 magic). Thi is fairly typical.

A particularly notable place of weak or imbalanced stats is with the Gold Plated Rider's Bow you can get after rescuing Marianne in Giliad. It does damage of 13 yet just down the road it is possible to get a silver bow from some Smugglers of Silodnar that does 15? Also the Gold plated bow is worth 1550 in cash, but the silver bow is only 80? The gold plated bow weighs 20 vs 12 for the Silver bow. Why would you not just sell the gold plated bow? In fact the other weapons available from that quest are a bit broken too - the Sabre only does 6 damage (though it is worth 310 gold) and thus is not better than even a Steel Longsword except for selling purposes. The Star people mace is ok at 11 damage but why the huge difference between it and the sword?

I looked at the values on the Nehrim wiki and they don't tee up with what I am seeing - generally the Wiki indicates the special items are actually special.

Is this how it is supposed to be or do I have a bug? I saw some other people mentioning the same thing in another forum thread too - so I don't think it is just me.

--Cam
Chill
Bettler
Bettler

Oh, this is with the English 1.5.08 version.

--Cam
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1