My Critique about the main story line - it's non existant

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Dark Phoenix
Krieger
Krieger

From the very beginning when you first meet Marzul ( i think thats his name) he tells you you have a gift of Magic and I am needed as a recruit to learn Magic for various purposes. Now, i'm at the Mountain Monastery and so far have yet to have One Quest that requires me to learn Magic. At least in Oblivion, if you did all the mage guild quest you learned magic. Here, there is nothing that requires you to learn magic.. it's optional. I wanted forced lessons in magic and quests where you had to use those skills. Thats what Marzul lead me to believe. So far there is none of this, nope, nada zip. These guys of the order I'm "working for" have no kinship to me nor I to them. I'm not one of them - they never made me one of them by teaching me magic and forcing me to use it. This would have made an emotional bond between me and The Order. As it stands, I am little more than a hired thug to carry out their wishes.

I only feel compelled to do the main quest as a means to get to the end of the game. If they would have done these things and taught me magic and forced me to use it, I would feel like i belonged. Sorry folks but i think SureAI really dropped the ball on this game in this respect. if they wanted to, they could patch it to fix it. Because I did not get the treatment marzul promised me at the beginning I feel like the whole game is a sham. Otherwise, it would have been a great game. since the game cannot even deliver the stated games premise, I dont see how on earth it could have won mod of the year. SureAI, pay better attention to what you promise in your next game and then deliver.

Perhaps i'm wrong and this will change over the course of the game, but from what I have seen so far this is very disappointing.
Uranus
Bettler
Bettler

Well its only your opinion :) i like it as it is ; i use magic a lot if they even "do not ask for it" from me since with the magic u become very powerful in game,i found some robe wich regenerate 7 points of mana each secnd and my willpower is 86 so i shot 90 points damage cold spell each 2 secs almost non stop :D they ask for u to use ur magic with special spells that they give for u :)
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Hi,
You are right, the game does not force you into using magic. You choose/ As Aeterna, you are magically gifted, but it does not mean that you have to use magic all the time. You do use it during some quests, there is no other option, as these are spells that can be learned (and used) during the MQ:
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Spells#Que ... ted_Spells
(the info here is still incomplete)
And Merzul does teach you some spells that you can use during the game - lesser power and greater powers spells.
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Spells#Gre ... wer_Spells
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Spells#Les ... stances.29
You must have done this quest:
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/A_Glance_to_the_Stars

To finish at least one Side Quest using magic will be required:
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/The_key_to_cleanliness

The Order gives you a shelter, as you are magically gifted and therefore persecuted by Barateon's tyranny.
It also teaches you some spells that are MQ-specific. It's not like Mages' Guild and Warriors' Guild in Oblivion. You have no other Order/Guild in Nehrim, so they don't force you into using magic. Some people like it (it does give a sense of freedom), some, apparently, not:) I'm not sure if you were supposed to feel attached to the Order. I didn't. It was just a political move to use magic freely (you can't do it in cities in Middlerealm). I I didn't feel attached to any guild in Oblivion either. I didn't even feel even attached to Kim. I felt more attached to Narathzul or Arkt.

I didn't treat Nehrim as a mod to Oblivion, rather a separate, totally Oblivion non-related game that I got for free. I paid for games that had much less replayability than Nehrim, what is really disappointing. I was a huge Morrowind and Wizardry fan, Oblivion was fine, but it, for me, had no interesting story to tell (at least the MQ, I pretty liked the SQ), and the monotonous world killed the sense of exploration for me.

Hope you find some bright sides of Nehrim :)
Cheers
Dark Phoenix
Krieger
Krieger

Yeah i was being critical. ha!

I have found a lot of stuff i do like about the game. some of the quests/ cities/ buildings/ cave designs are awesome. I am just hoping there is a whole lot more to this game to do and discover other than the main quest.. I want this to last a while. This game could have been a standalone game, the SureAi team sure did put a ton of work into it.

I wish we had lists ( perhaps do and i dont know it) for armor and weapons i can obtain, who sells them ect.. so far best armor i have is a Mithril chest plate and thats it. i did get a two handed sword that does 37 hp of damage at my level 16 character. I think thats pretty good but it's half the power i want. Hate the oblivion style leveling. i think if i have to fight hard to get the skills to kick a scamps/whatever butt I should always be able to kick his butt even better after I level up because they should not level with me. monsters and soldiers i should be able to wipe off the planet with 2 swipes of my sword by now. I feel i have to get even more powerful to do these things because of the stupid leveling system.

i do think they could have made the chicks hotter. Flame Elementals have bigger boobs and more cleavage than Kim does.
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

To make life easier for players, we put the list of items and Armor Sets here :
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Items
(the most elaborate one is about item sets)

Without this list, collecting sets would be really hard.
Some side quest are really well hidden, so you also might want to consult the Wiki from time to time. Or focus on Achievements.
Or you can simply collect Magic Symbols scattered around the whole world, but gives the exploration a sense of purpose... at least a bit :)
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1