Continuity Questions [Spoliers!!!]

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

So, I finished playing through Arktwend (total conversion for Morrowind), the prequel of Nehrim and I have a number of questions as relate to the continuity between the stories.
[+]
(1) How many years apart are the two stories set?

(2) How long ago did Tommy the Dwarf's boat reach Nehrim, after leaving Arktwend?

(3) Why, in Arktwend, when I finally face Arkt, he then turns into a giant-sized Calisto and since I killed him then, why is he in Nehrim and how old is he?

(4) In the timeline between Arktwend and Nehrim, when does the incident with Zelara and Arantheal take place?
These are for starters. More to come.
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

OK, so after a bit of digging I found most of my answers in the German part of the forum:

(1) the stories are set exactly 102 years apart.

(2) I guess the answer here is something similar to (1)

(4) I think this question may be wrong in itself but I will wait for answers.
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

Here's a couple more, although they are more culturally inspired.

(5) If the Dwarves shot their homeworld onto Vyn (namely, onto Nehrim's Fold Valley), why are they not the ones reviled and Aeterna are (note that they are not just persecuted by Barateon, they are hated in general on Nehrim). I love Dwarves but it did strike me as weird.

(6) In Arktwend, there seem to be some elf-type characters, notably the leader of the Thieves' Guild and the Ranged Weapons trainer and at some point, one comes across the ruined kingdom of the Shadow Elves, apparently destroyed in a war with Demons. On Nehrim, there are only Aeterna and then only fair-skinned ones. What is the relation between these races, if any?
[+]
(7) Barateon became Chancellor of Erothin in the Year 1 After Treomar and Nehrim's action takes place in 1017 A.Tr. So, Barateon is over a thousand years old. We learn that Arantheal is immortal because of his divine blood. What of Barateon? He did it with magic? If so, it seems a bit odd that such a powerful wizard would not have more of an iron grip on his continent (since he wishes so).
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

speedxgrapher hat geschrieben:
Here's a couple more, although they are more culturally inspired.

(5) If the Dwarves shot their homeworld onto Vyn (namely, onto Nehrim's Fold Valley), why are they not the ones reviled and Aeterna are (note that they are not just persecuted by Barateon, they are hated in general on Nehrim). I love Dwarves but it did strike me as weird.
from what i can tell that's Chancellor Barateon's doing. from what little i can gain, he & his people have fashioned and dispensed fairytales about how evil & wicked the aeterna are, and most likely dumped all the blame for everything that is going wrong in nehrim on their shoulders. basically turning the most dangerous threat to his power base into the enemy of the people he presided over. Basic dictator #101, shift the blame of your own actions and dump it onto your opponent. Thus your people hate your opponent for all the stuff you do to them.
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

Although that is a reasonable and plausible answer, it still doesn't explain how come the Dwarves have gotten off scott free. Maybe because they are so few and live in such remote areas? Still, they are the Sternenvolk, the "People From the Stars". At the very least, I would assume someone (if not Barateon himself) would want their tech (except for Gervasius, who doesn't really do anything with it). Still, thanks for the reply. :)
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

Well, this is not a question but it still goes to continuity in a way, or at least internal cohesion.
[+]
(8) Remember the Worm Cave under Ostian (really, really cool and creepy place by the way)? I always kinda wondered why put that thing there if it serves no other purpose than to provide an exit. I was expecting some evil Cthulhu-type cospiracy from the Temple Priests. In fact, it is a wink of the eye for Arktwend players who remember the Worm Tunnel and Crypt in the ancient Dwarven Tunnels near Norifjolk, where the Dwarves found the Black Stones needed for the resurrection of Arkt. Obviously, this version was way cooler.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1