How does the fighting system work?

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Maxymo
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I've tried the first cave mission and I was killed just on the second fight with the cave gargoyle. It looked to me that the only thing I can do is to press LPM as fast as possible. So my question is - how does it work?
1. Does blocking PPM reduce all the damage caused by the opponents?
2. Is there any way of controlling the way of attacking - I mean for example strength or side of swing?
3. Are there any other rules like "attacking after a block is a counter attack which does more damage" or so?
4. Any special strategies for mele fight?
SiliconeSoul
Schurke
Schurke

1. Blocking will reduce the damage, but it wont prevent it. You need a Shield or an weapon to parry. (later you can buy special defense weapons)
2. Yes. The trick is: dont play in Diabolo style (fast clicking until enemys death). Hold down LMB and look on the enemys feed, during the attack look up. So your char make a Move to pass enemys block. Or try to walk forward and hold down LMB. So your char jump forward and make an impact hit! Try out all moves by holding down LMB or short clicks during RMB is hold etc etc...
3. Most human enemys dont attack when you stand still with holding down RMB and a Shield. Unless you try to attack. Use this for heal spells or potions.
If the enemy attacks with a blade weapon (Not a Club, no Axes etc), then you block with a shield so the enemy becomes an flashback and you have a very good moment to start the counter strike.
4. Buy a spell.. like stunning enemys or fireball, whatever you want. After you Block an opponents hard hit with your Shield you shout strike back. Your enemy will move some steps Back, now its time for the spell, during you cast this spell, move forward and hold down LMB. This is the most effective fight style in oblivion / Nehrim in my opinion. If you want to play a mage only char, so nehrim will be really hard. Better dont try this in your first play.

Very Importand: In Nehrim: If a enemy lay down on the ground, so dont look down to attack him. Just a litte bit.
MrDreadlock
Bettler
Bettler

Remember about weapon reach, most two-handers are slow, but lets you hit enemy outside their range ( if their not using something longer or bow :wink: )
Backpedaling isn't slower than normal running, so kitting with long range weapon is helpful and easy to use strategy, especially in open spaces.
Also strong hits ( when you hold down LMB) tend to knock back your opponents so its even easier to keep them at safe distance.
On the other hand, when you're in close range you can try to walk in circles around enemy, it may help you with dodging blows, and catching your enemy off guard.

Peace!
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.
I was killed just on the second fight with the cave gargoyle
Just a question. Which cave troll?
I take it your still in shadow song mine (very start), your companion has been killed. There are a couple of trolls you must run from. You cannot kill them, they are quest related. Trolls you do not fight -
[+]
1 - The one that kills companion, 2 - the one on the jetty (escape on platform),3 - the boss (where you use the torches)
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1