EV Launcher Messages

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
journe
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

So, this is probably going to sound like a complaint. This isn't really a dealbreaker, just more of "I really don't think that should be necessary."

By *that*, I mean the launcher error messages. I had one grand heck of a time getting Nehrim going properly, but that's not the point. My gripe is that all the error messages the launcher spit at me were in German, requiring me to open notepad, write them down since I couldn't copy/paste, head to google translate, and then try to decipher what it meant.

Sum total 2-3 minutes of meandering which really seems a bit excessive, I'd think error messages would be high on the list of things to translate. After all, how can users inform you of bugs when all they can say is "Hey, uh, i was doing somethin', and I got an error message. Yep.'

Also, I'm really not happy with how much tinkering I've had to do to get the ini file to work and save my settings.

All things considered, though, I've jumped through about seventy-eight thousand less hoops to get this working than I did to get Oblivion working, so for that, I commend you.

(also, another option: put a list of the various error messages in the installation guide: something like <german message> | <english version of that message. This requires less coding, and also offers a place to put solutions for that particular message, a bit more in-depth about what it means, etc. I think this one might work out best.)
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

Don't know what is wrong with your version, but the launcher is fully translated. If your launcher is messed up, use this one: http://www.sureai.net/download/nehrim/e ... uncher.exe
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1