Player bounty system & guards - terrible

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
beanette69
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Could you guys add in regional bounties for middlerealm/northrealm/etc, and make it actually possible to sneak away from guards you are resisting arrest from? It's really really annoying to try to play a thief character in this mod.
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Dont get caught!
Jokes beside, it really isnt possible to sneak away from Guards? Ive never tried that, i always simply outrun them(and then reload the quicksave anyways), they are way too slow to follow one around, especially the stupid path they run ><" From any kind of monster i met tho, i never had trouble to sneak away unless it was in broad daylight. Getting cought sneaking is almost impossible too..

I propose individual bounties for each faction, but i dont know if the engine supports this. As far as i remember, there was only 1 global bounty in Oblivion.
beanette69
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Yeah it's impossible to actually sneak from guards. They know where you are at all times and will follow you forever, even with 100+ sneak.

Also the reason I bring up regional bounties is why would northrealm soldiers care if you kill middlerealm soldiers etc?
Zuletzt geändert von beanette69 am 18.01.2011 21:18, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
beanette69
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Also look at Reneer's mods like Reneer's Guard Overhaul. It sets regional bounties and stops omniscient guard behavior which fixes both of the problems I bring up

I really hope you guys fix this b/c the same problem was present in regular Oblivion and it made role-playing a thief a pain, and in Nehrim it's more noticeable because there are different factions of guards. A friend who played a thief in Nehrim told me about how he was
[+]
helping the Northrealm soldiers vs the Middlerealm soldiers and they kept stopping him because he committed the crime of killing Middlerealm soldiers.
Dj El Marriachi
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

As you say, it's an oblivion fault. I doubt they can fix it when it's part of the game engine.

Some days ago i was killing a traveller as they cary decent stuff to sell and i have no conscience anyway ;)
Anyway, it was a little ways out of gilliad and the guard came running to me to arrest me.
I saved before just commiting the murder, so i reloaded, followed him a bit further and then killed him.
But nope, guard came again. I tried this 4 times untill i was like 1km out of town and if i waited 2 mins after the kill, the guard still came running to me to arrest me.
so yes, it's annoying.
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Regional bounties would also do wonders for immersion, it's a bit silly that
[+]
you, the last surviving member of the Order in the Middlerealm, break out of prison and are explicitly told to avoid the Chancellor's soldiers, but you can waltz around and walk right back into Erothin if you so please and all the guards still treat you like an upstanding citizen.
Also, the Order seems like it should have some way of clearing your bounty at reduced price like the Thieves Guild in Oblivion. Make Reman pay the rest or something :lol:
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1