continue mainquest or explore

Moderator: Moderatoren

20 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I Would love to explore more. I have been asking on various forums on here about a way to slow down the rate at which you level .

You have created this great world for me to explore, but if I spend any time exploring it, I quickly become to strong for the enemies I meet . The level of creatures & enemies that you meet in Nehrim is Static , so slowing down the rate at which one levels up, & increasing the number of points needed to raise a skill should increase the difficulty.
I would love to find a way to increase the points needed to both level up & raise skills on a much steeper logarithmic curve than at present.
removeing the information from the map about the level you should be to enter it would also be great Thanks Beebee
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

What region are you at? Not quite the Treomar one? Because that can be a challenge for level 30 even...
Dj El Marriachi
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I think it's almost impossible to make a perfect levelling rate with a world this big and static levels for mobs.
that's why even most professional companies took a turn to level scaling.

In the end, i think the levelling rate is pretty balanced and they did a great job with it. Sure i don't get to see EVERYTHING in some area's because i outlevel, but i can live with it.
Still so much more fun and better than level scaling.
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Dj El Marriachi hat geschrieben:
I think it's almost impossible to make a perfect levelling rate with a world this big and static levels for mobs.
that's why even most professional companies took a turn to level scaling.

In the end, i think the levelling rate is pretty balanced and they did a great job with it. Sure i don't get to see EVERYTHING in some area's because i outlevel, but i can live with it.
Still so much more fun and better than level scaling.
I agree I love the static world & I'm not asking for perfection.

I would just like to be able to do more exploring without overleveling .

If I do find a way to slow down the rate at which I level up, & I find myself in an area I can't cope with, I can just retreat & do some more exploring until I can cope. I want to be able to move on when I want to rather than be pushed by the game. I love exploring this world, & want to take it all in.
My favorite place so far is The death pass. It's is the most fun Iv'e had in a game sense coming out of the side of the mountain in Halflife, feeling vertigo & almost crawling along the ledge ! "thats immersion" .

Sneaking up the death pass at way to low a level, was just fabulous. Unfortunately every critter I killed there was worth way to many points & I leveled up even faster, but I had a lot of fun doing it .
The 2 black widow spiders were something else I hope I meed more of them
Beebee
Roland Deschain
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

I think the problem balancing the game is that everyone plays it different.

There are players that just rush the main quest and complain about too strong enemies and too low stats for the tasks presented in the main quest,
(which can be the case if you just run from quest to quest without looking left or right)

and there are players that like to explore the open world and get lost in it between doing quests.
(which leads to overlevelling as described by ibbeebee.9

In my opinion both types of playing are legitimate and should be considered when balancing the game.

Overall, I think SureAI has done a great job balancing, considering the difficulty of doing so without scaling.

Slower levelling should be done by mods, so players who would like to change the leveling speed can do so, while players who don' t want to change anything can leave it.
I think a mod is the better solution here, not changing the game.
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Roland Deschain hat geschrieben:
I think the problem balancing the game is that everyone plays it different.

There are players that just rush the main quest and complain about too strong enemies and too low stats for the tasks presented in the main quest,
(which can be the case if you just run from quest to quest without looking left or right)

and there are players that like to explore the open world and get lost in it between doing quests.
(which leads to overlevelling as described by ibbeebee.9

In my opinion both types of playing are legitimate and should be considered when balancing the game.

Overall, I think SureAI has done a great job balancing, considering the difficulty of doing so without scaling.

Slower levelling should be done by mods, so players who would like to change the leveling speed can do so, while players who don' t want to change anything can leave it.
I think a mod is the better solution here, not changing the game.
Yes Me to, I'm sorry if I was misunderstood.
I don't want to impose my wishes on anybody else. My dream solution if it were possible would be an INI file on an ESP with an INI.
I would just like the ability to change those perimeters for myself ibbeebee
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

If anyone is interested in slower levelling in Nehrim I have posted a solution on the mod request forum http://www.sureai.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 0&start=70

Although there doesn't seem to be that much interest in modding the game at all from Nehrim players, judging from the responses to the mTes4 & Boss threads on here .

For anyone who is interested in modding Nehrim, Psymon's threads on the bethsoft forums are well worth exploring http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... ge__st__20

for a start & then do a forum search for Nehrim Regards Beebee
Dj El Marriachi
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Atm there's really no mods i'd want for nehrim, since most of my gripes with oblivion are already fixed in nehrim.
I was doubting a few days ago if i was going to use a fast travel mod, but tbh, the teleport system works quite well.
koschwarz
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

imo teleport system is fine. unlike in oblivion you need to have a thing and learn a spell to teleport while in oblivion you got it free.

balancing: i'm an explorer, i think i've found almost every dungeon in the game (+100 hours) while from time to time i continued the MQ - i always exlpored those areas that are in the area of the actual step of the MQ. i'm in the last act now and i'm lvl40.
what i wanted to say: i'm not sure how health-increasing works in nehrim (retroactive or not) but i've never put any points on endurance. at lvl 40 my character's health level is not too high. of course there are boosts from enchantments and spells but basically the health is low. if a plain strider hits me i lost a pretty big amount of the health.
my skills and other attributes ar high but this way there always is a risk i'm killed by a pack of enemies.

however, increasing the lvl my character couldn't avoid becoming a half-god himself :D
koschwarz
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

ibbeebee hat geschrieben:
Although there doesn't seem to be that much interest in modding the game at all from Nehrim players, judging from the responses to the mTes4 & Boss threads on here .
it my be ironic writing this in a topic of a mod, but probably it is because (nehrim) players are tired of modding their game, searching mods, following the updates, the better versions, fixing, etc...i am leastwise.

back then i found myself not actually PLAYING oblivion but always did the above mentioned things...but these things are easy in nehrim, and i think nehrim is so perfect itself, that i don't feel i need anything else at all.

none of any of my modded oblivion characters reached lvl 20 because of a mod i had/need/must/required to start a new character. the MQ i finished only once afters years of playing oblivion.

moreover, i took a fency to start an absoultely un-modded oblivion after finishing nehrim...i forgot what it was like...just to play freely not bothering any mod and updates...
20 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2