Stunted stregth growth

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Yossarian
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hello all and thanks to the creators of this great mod, or should I call it a game.

There is this little issue that has been bugging me though with the character leveling and developement system. When you combine the changes to the original system that are implemented in this game:

a) All strength related skills increase experience level
b) There are still 2x, 3x and 5x modifiers for stat gains when leveling up
c) Training with trainers no longer increases those modifiers

You effectively end up in a situation where St has almost become the new Lk that you take always at even 1x if nothing really important or high multiplier is available. Strength shouldn't in my opinion be so different from other skills as it doesn't make your character really too powerful. It's actually most important to me in carrying stuff around.

While practicing speechcraft or alchemy in early levels, you easily end up with x5 to personality and intelligence multiple times but getting more than x2 in strength seems impossible. You just cannot train your combat skills enough times before leveling up, espcially then they grow this slow. If you also use bow and sneak a lot, x2 becomes also something you never see after first few levels.

Is there a mod for this issue or should I just transfer some of my stats from others to St if I feel like it?
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

You can train your melee skills by using a weaker weapon against monsters that are strong enough for you to block/parry and survive while healing. If you don't want exp for the kills, just use resurrect command when they have red health, rinse and repeat until you have high enough skill.
[+]
There is also a skeleton that turns into Tyrael @ Mortram somewhere that, when killed, turns into a normal skeleton, and then you can "loot" him again to make him live again. So its not really a cheat to use the res command imo.
Hope that helped! I've had trouble raising my strength as well, but yeah. ^ is a good solution, atleast its the only one I've found so far.

-Daniel
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

You also can heal monsters with target restoration spells.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

hmm... i didn't have much trouble with attribute leveling, even the strength stat. i didn't have to do anything odd either. ok, true when my character got up there level wise it got a lot harder, then i had a whole lot of trouble getting my attribute multiplier above 1x. however, i think that's intended.
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Daniel hat geschrieben:
You can train your melee skills by using a weaker weapon against monsters that are strong enough for you to block/parry and survive while healing. If you don't want exp for the kills, just use resurrect command when they have red health, rinse and repeat until you have high enough skill.
[+]
There is also a skeleton that turns into Tyrael @ Mortram somewhere that, when killed, turns into a normal skeleton, and then you can "loot" him again to make him live again. So its not really a cheat to use the res command imo.
Hope that helped! I've had trouble raising my strength as well, but yeah. ^ is a good solution, atleast its the only one I've found so far.

-Daniel
The problem isn't that you can't raise Strength, it's that it doesn't raise together with the other attributes. My melee character had no trouble hitting 100 Endurance naturally because it's governed by Block, Heavy Armor, and Crafting, but you can only work on one of the Strength skills at a time, all of which become more difficult to raise if you do like the game expects you to and train them.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

einnashe hat geschrieben:
Daniel hat geschrieben:
[+]

-Daniel
The problem isn't that you can't raise Strength, it's that it doesn't raise together with the other attributes. My melee character had no trouble hitting 100 Endurance naturally because it's governed by Block, Heavy Armor, and Crafting, but you can only work on one of the Strength skills at a time, all of which become more difficult to raise if you do like the game expects you to and train them.
Aha, you mean like that. Yeah, I had that "problem" as well, I trained sword and hand-to-hand simultaneously just to get the +attribute bonuses to get 100 strength faster. It was pretty boring/exhausting to sit for 2 hours using crap weapons hitting wolves/bears to near-death x amount of times 8)
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1