Accurate list of which attributes govern which skills?

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Cyjack
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hello! Many thanks to the Nehrim devs for their work on this impressive mod.

[edit] Never mind. It appears the text in the attribute screen text is not accurate, but the skill description lists the correct attribute. Sorry for the confusion!

I have what is probably a foolish question.

Is there accurate documentation somewhere, of what attributes govern which skills in Nehrim (preferably in English, of course)? The in-game text, at least in the English version, does not appear to be accurate in all cases. For instance, Speed does not appear to be related to all the skills the game text says it is.

Thank you for help in pointing me in the right direction!
Cyjack
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Follow up question, though.

If Light Armour is the only skill in the game that improves Speed, and skill increases from Trainers don't improve attributes, how does one go about reasonably improving their Speed Attribute? Light Armor does not tend to improve very quickly naturally, without tedious meta-gaming on the player's part.

Are characters in Nehrim supposed to be slow? By comparison, Intelligence and Endurance seem to have many associated skills now, and the Agility score skyrockets effortlessly from easily increased skills like Sneak.

Ironically, if these descriptions are accurate, it seems like the characters that most need Speed...Ranged attackers (casters and archers)... can only improve their speed by being in Melee *all the time*, in armor that is not designed for sustained melee. This seems rather backwards, and counter to the principle that characters will improve the abilities they need by simply engaging in the behaviors they normally would.

My apologies if I am not understanding.
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Ive mentioned that before too, but forgot about it cause i use a MOD that makes skills and attributes independant, and gives a fixed number of attribute points per level.
As far as i remember, it was said, that, to fix this issue, there will be something similar to Sparks of Fire Cap which improves speed. Its may only be a rumour tho.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

himmelslicht hat geschrieben:
Ive mentioned that before too, but forgot about it cause i use a MOD that makes skills and attributes independant, and gives a fixed number of attribute points per level.
As far as i remember, it was said, that, to fix this issue, there will be something similar to Sparks of Fire Cap which improves speed. Its may only be a rumour tho.
Is it just me or are there very few Sparks of Fire Cap in game? I've found ~9 of those but around 80 Ice Claws so far, I'm level 36 now. Would be nice with a Speed herb indeed, though speed isn't much of a problem with 90 athletics :D
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

i've found a whole lot of those sparks of fire cap things. you just have to look around. usually they're in hard to get at places or simply out of the way. i found quite a few just looking for creatures to hunt.

---edit
a lot of the time they are also obscured from view by boulders, plants, etc.
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Ive found over 30 of them so far, so they are not particularly rare, but many are in hard-to-find places.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat

i've found at least 60 or so.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat

Casper hat geschrieben:
Damn that's a lot. I found heaps in the Southrealm, so I'm on about 25~ now. Felt like uber-rare in the middle/northrealms but yeah, I guess it's like you said, in places I've missed :(
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat

Daniel hat geschrieben:
Casper hat geschrieben:
Damn that's a lot. I found heaps in the Southrealm, so I'm on about 25~ now. Felt like uber-rare in the middle/northrealms but yeah, I guess it's like you said, in places I've missed :(
i'm good at locating that which is hidden. maybe i should be a PI. Na.., i'm too lazy.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat

Casper hat geschrieben:
Daniel hat geschrieben:
Casper hat geschrieben:
i'm good at locating that which is hidden. maybe i should be a PI. Na.., i'm too lazy.
Might be a dumb question, but what's a PI? Police Inspector? xD I'm not a native English speaker, sorry :(
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2