Closure with Kim *ENDING MAJOR SPOILORS*

Moderator: Moderatoren

36 Beiträge Seite 1 von 4
CallingCtulhu
Bettler
Bettler

So yeah, just finished my first playthrough of Nehrim. Overall, the mod was great. It had that very lively atmosphere that Oblivion seriously lacked, and was totally worth my time. The Final Boss was INSANE, and I died a lot, not from her blade, but because she kept spamming that confounded explosion spell which blasted me into the spikes. Killing someone has never been so satisfactory.

There was one thing I noticed, though, and that was the lack of any real closure with Kim. He just kind of ran out on me when I was about to take on the Light-Born. Next time I hear of him, I'm at Fate'e Edge, and he's lying dead on the floor with the boss gloating and basically giving me a cosmic raspberry.

Now, I did enjoy the Main Quest, which I thought was reasonably well written (Though I thought the Ostian section felt a bit rushed, since we never got to know much about the villains, other then 'They worship the Creator. They must DIE.'), and overall, MUCH better then Oblivion's MQ. But Kim's story just felt kind of unfulfilling. I mean, we got closure with Narazul, and with Arkt, but not with the character we spent most of the time with. Would it be too much to ask for, I dunno, a miniquest related to Kim for some manner of satisfaction?

,Thanks.

P.S: What ever happened to Narazul's father, anyway? He just kinda popped up in a temple, summoned a bunch of skeletons, then disappeared. I might have missed something, though.
Zuletzt geändert von CallingCtulhu am 16.10.2010 12:49, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Penn
Bettler
Bettler

We have 2 God-Slayer swords, so we should be able to trap 2 souls in it, go to the afterlife again -by dying, give one of the swords to kim, and let her revive with you. Ur a Shadow God, you should be able to do some miraculous stuff ;)

I agree on ur point of view with Kim. She runs off after u start your mission with Arantheal to kill the shadow Gods, and is dead when u meet Fate. A vision of some kind, where you see Fate capturing Kim and taking her with her, so you know your gonna meet Fate AND Kim -dead or alive-, should have made the storyline slightly better -but than again, I am not sure about visions, who would have given you that vision? No light-born alive, and Fate is not the person to warn you. Arkt maybe, but Fate's magical powers are far greater, so it wouldn't fit in the world.

I really liked the game, I liked Ostian as well, they way to Ostian was a disaster though, but thats another story:p. The game in general is great, and i enjoyed it far more than Oblivion -which is one of the best games i played.

Arantheal's father has died/will die because he has no light-born to protect him or to lengthen his age (a mortal living for over a thousand years, there has to be light-born influence). I didnt really miss him in the later storyline. I just dont expect him to pop up some day and say hello :p
Lira
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I really enjoyed playing this game. Couldn't stop playing until finishing the main quest, it's just amazing. The places the story.. everything! But now I fee kinda of empty, I wish there was a way to bring Kim back. I thought in the end i could find Kim again and have a friend to have more adventures. Please in the future consider to do some quest or something related to Kim. I guess that is something many people want.

Other than that this game is really cool, i had alot of fun. I liked specially of the dwarven mines, remind me alot of lord of the rings and that was great, I almost expected to find a Balrog in there eheh :D

Anyway thanks for all your hard work. The game is perfect to me, just one thing I don't like, Kim died :(
Roland Deschain
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

There is a big mod in work in the german part of the forum that involves among other things a quest to bring kim back. I have no idea if and when its going to be finished, but i'm sure it will be translated once its out.
Lira
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

That sounds great :) I really hope it will be translated to english and that it is ready soon!
Lucius_Balthar
SureShortcut
SureShortcut
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Yeah i hope that we are able to release the first beta soon :mrgreen:
Because it´s nearly an addon with a whole new HQ, New Planets, NPC´s etc. it´s gonna take a while...
First Things to do are the basic (Planets, Dungeons and so on), Second the Quests/NPC´s and at last New Music/Sound and Text^^
Of Course we will translate it into english when we´ve completed about 90% of SOLARIS :D
The only one thing is the speaking-part concerning the dialogues, that´s really much work :roll:
But we keep going straight for it, so let´s hope that we can accelerate the modding-process ;)
greetings, L.B
CallingCtulhu
Bettler
Bettler

Aaaand Narazul's father? >_>

Pardon me for bringing this up again, but he just seemed like he would have been an important character in the long run.
Lucius_Balthar
SureShortcut
SureShortcut
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

CallingCtulhu hat geschrieben:
Aaaand Narazul's father? >_>

Pardon me for bringing this up again, but he just seemed like he would have been an important character in the long run.
You are right, but i think he has nothing to do with SOLARIS.
Maybe he will come back in a new story which is brought by the Nehrim Team in one of the next Updates ;)
Anyway, we don´t have planned to add him in the Story of our Mod....maybe he´s rather dead and in the same
Heaven/Dimension like his son Naratzul^^
Hjödir
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Penn hat geschrieben:
We have 2 God-Slayer swords, so we should be able to trap 2 souls in it, go to the afterlife again -by dying, give one of the swords to kim, and let her revive with you. Ur a Shadow God, you should be able to do some miraculous stuff ;)

I agree on ur point of view with Kim. She runs off after u start your mission with Arantheal to kill the shadow Gods, and is dead when u meet Fate. A vision of some kind, where you see Fate capturing Kim and taking her with her, so you know your gonna meet Fate AND Kim -dead or alive-, should have made the storyline slightly better -but than again, I am not sure about visions, who would have given you that vision? No light-born alive, and Fate is not the person to warn you. Arkt maybe, but Fate's magical powers are far greater, so it wouldn't fit in the world.
First thing:

You are not a shadow god anymore since you destroyed the prophecy by throwing it into the magic pool of the world, a continuum without space or time.

Second thing:

You didn't run for killing shadow gods but light borned.

Third thing:

Who tells you the servant of fate is stronger than a shadow god? Thing why shadow gods lost battles is: They were too self obsessed, as you see two gods easily can kill the servant.

But what confused me the most: You destroyed the prophecy as mentioned above, even though the servant wants to kill you. But if there is no shadow god anymore there is no reason why she would kill you or even kill Kim.
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hjödir hat geschrieben:
But what confused me the most: You destroyed the prophecy as mentioned above, even though the servant wants to kill you. But if there is no shadow god anymore there is no reason why she would kill you or even kill Kim.
I wonder about that. The prophecy says that the Shadow God will free mankind, but does destroying it not also free mankind from the cycle of light and shadow, thereby fulfilling itself?

Perhaps you haven't escaped fate after all.
36 Beiträge Seite 1 von 4