Consistency With Waypoint System

Moderator: Moderatoren

9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
iGuess
Bettler
Bettler

My only real complain so far with Nehrim is that I'd like to see a little more consistency with the waypoint system on quests. There's a waypoint to find an overturned basket in a mushroom patch outside of a village when the only direction given was "northeast"? And at the same time, no waypoint to guide me to the graveyard in Erothin, or the house of the man whose mind I altered? It just seems more appropriate for the waypoint to point to places that the character knows where they are, since it's an RPG. I know it's something I've been noticing, but I can't think of any more examples. Just... it's not there for little mundane things like going to someone's house within the village you're in, but it is there for finding places that should be more difficult to find. Just my two cents.
blevs
Bettler
Bettler

Maybe it is made that way so it is going to be more of a challenge?
[+]
The graveyard is behind the chapel, and just walk north east and you find a cave close to the rocks over the bridge.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

I think that the graveyard questmarker is going to be added in the next patch.
iGuess
Bettler
Bettler

blevs hat geschrieben:
Maybe it is made that way so it is going to be more of a challenge?
[+]
The graveyard is behind the chapel, and just walk north east and you find a cave close to the rocks over the bridge.
Well, that may be, and I like that most of the quests do not rely on the quest marker. But there are times when there IS one that there shouldn't be, at least to be consistent. Same with times when it's not there for mundane things, like I said. This certainly isn't just about the graveyard quest marker, sorry if it came across like that.
Drix
Krieger
Krieger

My thoughts is that they place quest markers strategically to quest that would be to difficult otherwise
For example on the Giliad rescue operation if they didn't place a quest marker on the basket it would be hell,and things are placed in the cardinal directions or can be easily found are left unmarked
In the case of the house it can be easily found by looking at the local map
mythicdark
Bettler
Bettler

I wholeheartedly agree! The thing I find most annoying is the way point system, I find myself constantly lost in quests because of the lack of direction. The quest details are very often vague and give you no clear direction on where to go next. A consistent way point system would help ease players when stuck. Don't like it just shut it off under map options, but it would be very beneficial.
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Actually, I found lack of markers qute challenging. I find games (rpgs) that are released nowadays too easy. I got stuck a few times in Nehrim, but I found it not annoying but... motivating.

I remember the quest with mushrooms, and well, I took me some time to figure out the way to the cave.
The same with Brewer- I had to search the map around the lage really thoroughly.
Well, in these quest you are supposed to search for somehting. What's the fun if you have the marker which indicates the exact position?

I know that some people may find it annoying, that is why Nehrim Wiki has been launched. When you come to a point where searching for something is becoming annoying- consult Wiki. I know it's in a very early stage, but most of the quests are already described.
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

kassandra hat geschrieben:
Actually, I found lack of markers qute challenging. I find games (rpgs) that are released nowadays too easy. I got stuck a few times in Nehrim, but I found it not annoying but... motivating.

I remember the quest with mushrooms, and well, I took me some time to figure out the way to the cave.
The same with Brewer- I had to search the map around the lage really thoroughly.
Well, in these quest you are supposed to search for somehting. What's the fun if you have the marker which indicates the exact position?

I know that some people may find it annoying, that is why Nehrim Wiki has been launched. When you come to a point where searching for something is becoming annoying- consult Wiki. I know it's in a very early stage, but most of the quests are already described.
I agree I turn off map markers for places I haven't visited as well, the game does supply you with clues like on the quest with the mushrooms " marks on the ground going towards the northwest "
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

There are marker for quests where they are useful, but where they would destroy the quest, there arent any.
9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1