Questions about Diseases

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

I have a couple of questions about the Disease system in Nehrin...

1. How long do the minor diseases last if you have no Cure Disease potion? Do they burn out eventually? I am talking about the Drain Attribute ones that you can catch from crabs and similar.

2. What is the difference between a Drain Attribute disease and a Damage Attribute one? I see you tend to catch the former from animals and the latter from undead.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

23.10.2017 06:46DanielCoffey hat geschrieben:
I have a couple of questions about the Disease system in Nehrin...

1. How long do the minor diseases last if you have no Cure Disease potion? Do they burn out eventually? I am talking about the Drain Attribute ones that you can catch from crabs and similar.
they last forever as far as I know.
(source: watched a LPer run around ill for ages. better sources might be available ;) )
2. What is the difference between a Drain Attribute disease and a Damage Attribute one? I see you tend to catch the former from animals and the latter from undead.
no idea, but here's a quote from trusty uesp,
not sure how helpful:
Drain
- All Drain effects are part of the Destruction school.
- Drain only affects the target.
- Drain effects last for the duration of the spell; they are then automatically reversed.
(To reverse the Drain effect more quickly, Dispel can be used.)
- Drain Fatigue and Drain Health are available as standard Novice Destruction spells;
Drain Magicka and Drain Skill are available as standard Apprentice Destruction spells.
Drain Attribute is not available as a standard spell, but can be obtained for custom spells, as detailed on the effect page.
- Drain is the cheapest spell for the amount of power delivered, i.e. it will cost less gold to obtain and Magicka to cast than
the other two types at the same magnitude.
- There are built-in potions with Drain effects for Health, Magicka, Fatigue, and all eight standard attributes,
but Drain is generally not available for custom potions. One notable exception is that a master alchemist may make
a Drain Health potion with a Nirnroot. The other exception is the new ingredient Unrefined Greenmote - added by Shivering Isles -
which has Drain Health and Drain Fatigue effects, allowing potions to be made with these effects by combining with Nirnroot.

Damage
- All Damage effects are part of the Destruction school.
- Damage only affects the target.
- The effects of Damage spells will accumulate over their duration, unlike Drain spells.
For example, Damage Health 5 pts for 10 seconds will result in 50 total Health points lost (assuming 100% Spell Effectiveness).
- The points lost to Damage remain lost indefinitely, until reversed with the appropriate Restore effect
(including general healing options such as a blessing at an altar).
Fatigue is automatically and continuously regenerated over time by all characters,
and Magicka by all characters without the Atronach birth sign,
but there is no instantaneous reversal of the effect at the end of the duration, unlike with Drain spells.
- Damage Fatigue and Damage Health are available as standard Novice Destruction spells;
Damage Magicka is available as a standard Apprentice Destruction spell. Damage Attribute exists as an effect (e.g., for poisons)
but cannot be found as a spell. Damage Skill does not exist in any form.
- Damage Attribute is available as a standard or character-created poison ("potion magic effect") for Health, Magicka, Fatigue, and all eight standard attributes.
- Damage is more expensive than Drain for derived attributes (Health, Magicka, Fatigue), i.e. it will cost more gold to obtain and Magicka to cast, given the same magnitude. It is the most expensive of the three for standard attributes.
so...is there, applied to diseases, even an actual difference?
(just assuming it works in Nehrim the same as in Oblivion)
[+] Nehrim Spoiler
you can get a spell for healing disease,
pretty early in game :)
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

Thank you - I see the difference now.

If we have an adventurer with, say, 40 Endurance, a 10-point Drain Endurance will lower them to 30 Endurance until they can find or make a Cure Disease potion or visit the baths where they will instantly be put back to full 40 Endurance.

If the same adventurer gets hit with a 10-point Damage Endurance and takes the same Cure Disease potion, they are still stuck at 30 Endurance until they can find a potion of Restore Endurance of 10 points or greater. If all they have is a 5-point one, they will have to make do until they can find or make another.

Got it, thanks.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

The cheapest way to cure a disease is to eat a mandrake root.
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1