Can't complete game

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Orlanth
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

While this is an in game help issue its 'serious' enough that feel it needs to be placed here instead.

The Flower is way too tough.

I dont know how SureAI playtesters did, but I am finding the jump puzzles in the game frustrating and eventually insurmountable.

Not everyone who plays is a 20 something like the SureAI team appear to be, some of us over 40's dont have the reflexes to cope with the arcae style jump sequences normally found in poorer Japanese titles. There is a good reason Bethesda avoids jump puzzles for the main quest.

Some pointers:

1. If a jump or die jump is necessary, and they can be fun. make it a single jump, or a small sequence with rests between each jump.

2. Jumps requiring getting several jumps right in a row should be non lethal, such as with a pit with an exit point at the beginning, again four or five jumps maximum, and no more than three without a rest point.

3. If you really want to go heavy on a jump puzzle have an alternate path through, facing a tough boss monster for example.

4. Exception can be made for 'acrobat-thief' quests, where the player knows that to join a faction and do their set of quests means facing jump puzzles. So long as the puzzles are avoidable to other types of player.

I loved Nehrim, I even played it hardcore. I need not have bothered reloading after deaths. I might be able to complete the basic game without dying, but I must have reloaded on the flower about 200-300 times and I still havent reached the first stable platform (above the start). I even tried microsaves, make some progress, make a save, which is the complete opposite to hardcore play. Though IMHO jump puzzles dont break hardcore as I reload for not playing smart, not for failing to have the reflexes of a weasel.

How do you do it SureAI, did your mothers breed with cats?
Orlanth
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I had a thought.

While it is a shame to have to cheat this close to the end, the game is so unplayable I have no choice.
When I jump four times out of five I land on the 'rim' and cannot jump again. when I have to make about eight or nine jumps in short succession the probabilities of making it at my level of mouse control are negligible.
I don't know how disabled players will cope.
It is poor design to place crap like this so far into the game.

Anyway I hope SureAI are listening and fix this, I doubt I am the only one hacving problems completing the game.

Meanwhile how about the console command. Can my avatar move coordinates? Is there a command line to move my avatar to coordinates on the platform beyond the flower after the last jump? Can someone find candidate coordinates to port to, thankyou.

And to think I restarted after dying to a pit of spikes in the forest after 20 hours of play because I enjoyed the game and wanted to play hardcore. Shame to be let down so far into the game by poor quest balance.
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

I have to admit, this part IS really hard to cope with. Took me some time.

I don't know if it is possible to use teleport, but it is definitely possible to skip that part by using the "tlc" command. You can move around as you wish (i.e. directly to the platform) and with another tlc you're back to normal. Would that be an option?
greenlight
Eliath
Eliath
Danksagung erhalten: 57 Mal

To me this part was quite hard because the jumping was really buggy. If i stood on a moving platform, only every ~3rd jump was sucessful, otherwise I just jumped maybe 5cm and directly landed on the Platform again. So I just bashed the button until I was jumping properly :lol:
But as Xagul said, using the "tlc"-command (toggle collision) could help you :)
galt
Bettler
Bettler

Good day fellow travelers!

I'm not far enough into Nehrim to have reached this problematic jump puzzle, but in the event I have a hard time with it; how does one activate the tlc command? Hit the tilde key (~)...then what? If it's that difficult, and I can't get it done within a few hours, I'll be ready to use it.

Thanks in advance.

Galt
greenlight
Eliath
Eliath
Danksagung erhalten: 57 Mal

The tilde-key should stop the game and a small cursor should be on the bottom left of the screen. Now simply type tlc and press enter. Now there should be a message like "Toggle collison --> off". now close the console (tilde or esc). To reactivate collision just repeat the steps :) hope this helps...
PS: on some computer configurations, the console can't be opened properly, because an infra-red device is blocking something. so if you encounter this problem, deactivate it (if you have one installed).
oh, and on my old computer even this doesn't help, but there is a oblivion-script-extender-plugin that can reset the key to another butten (e.g. F12) so you can check for this too.

greez, greenlight
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1