English 1.5 Patch problems

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

(1) Someone mentioned elsewhere that much English text has reverted to German, such as the menu page of the diary.
(2) In Darthomar, I found a book but the text was in German, as well as the journal entry. When I left Darthomar, my map and compass showed red quest markers (triangles) everywhere! I went to the shore and there were 5 or 6 crabs and a red quest marker for each one!
Chill
Bettler
Bettler

I second this bug report - at least insofar as the untranslated texts. For me, it so far seems to be pop-up box (the ones at the beginning telling you about experience and how to use a pickaxe, shovel, hammer etc). Also some of the status text at the top of the screen (eg. One that does show up ok is 'The elevator is moving' again at the beginning, but other similar texts are in german).

--Cam
Dric
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I get the same de-translated texts problem after applying 1.5.0.6en patch from the 1.1.1.1en version. The diary is back in German, as some messages texts.
helloa
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Right, i forgot to mention the pop up boxes. Most of the text isnt essential, and i know what most of it says, but the new stuff, like tier 2 crafting and the new dungeons are new and so i cant rely on generally knowing what it says to get by. If it is possible to fix these issues i would very much appreciate it.
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

Oh damn, not again. The texts are translated in the NehrimEnglish.esp, but the engine did not realised it. I recompiled all the scripts and now it seems to work. The new patch will be released soon. Thanks for the testing :mrgreen:
helloa
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Awesome, thanks for the quick response.
Antipathy
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I downloaded the new patch, man you guys are fast! I ran through the tutorial dungeon all the text is in English, I got to the quest where you have to seal the rat holes and the message when you seal the holes popped up in German, not that big of a deal. :thumbsup:

Edit
It looks like I found more things that were translated before but now isn't, the list of trainers is now in German again and the messages you get when you don't have a longsword, claymore, axe, and war axe to sharpen the messages are in German. When you try to activate the forge fire without activating the bellows also has the pop up message in German.The quest line The Book of Conjuration is still in German. The book "The Tyranny of the Light Born" is in German.

Edit 2

Downloaded the 1.5.0.8 patch and tried it out the Forging Stuff has been put back In English, The trainer list the merchant sells near tiring abbey is still in German. It looks like the message you get when you try to use a magic rune that you can't use yet the message that pops up is still in German. The Poem for Barateon is still in German. The message you get when you drink the potion of Encumbrance is still in German.
Zuletzt geändert von Antipathy am 23.11.2011 04:53, insgesamt 5-mal geändert.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

I have the same observations as in your Edit. Also, when I set the Book of Conjuration as my active quest, the map shows red quest markers all over the map and the compass bar -- every creature has a red quest marker! I also haven't figured out how to start the Shadow God quest at Zerobilon.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

After the 1.5.0.8 patch, the conjuration quest seems to be appearing correctly in English and all the stray red quest markers are gone. Thanks! I found the correct location of the Shadow God quest, so I can no longer tell if there is still an erroneous quest marker pointing to Zerobilon as my journal is passed that.
Principe Alessandro
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

It seems a bug and a strange one:

Bild
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2