reinstalled, and now I'm stuck leveling up?

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
AsaRuth
Gauner
Gauner

I recently bought a new laptop, so I fresh installed Nehrim on it, and moved my old saved games on to the new machine. On the old install I had the missing diary bug. When I loaded up my old game (without a diary) on to the new machine, I had a diary, but it shows that I have 999996723 experience points (in the upper right hand corner), and I am stuck leveling up. Any thoughts, suggestions? What I need is a way to reset my XP to zero if anyone knows how.
AsaRuth
Gauner
Gauner

Hopefully this can help someone else...

After countless cursing the original bug (the missing diary and inability to level up), then the re-install bug (inability to not level up), and then the lack of support (see user is only poster on this issue), I solved my problem. Turns out I had multiple issues. I lost the diary before I ever installed any mods to the game (apparently an older version had a diary bug that was fixed in later releases). Once I figured out I had no diary, I added one using the console command. However, It never worked as it should, and I had to guess as to what XP points I should be leveling. I guessed wrong and had many left over xp points when I installed an updated Nehrim to my new machine, while porting the older save game. This "fixed" the diary bug while porting in the new diary as well. So I had two diaries, neither of which worked. So I was stuck unable to stop leveling up, with the Mehrunes Dagon ability effect permanently attached to my character.

To solve this issue, I followed these steps.

1) I loaded my save game without any animation mods active and saved in a new slot. I noticed that when I loaded the old game without the animation mods I had two diaries.

2) I exited the game, launched the game again and loaded the new save, then opened the console (~)

I entered this command: player.removeitem 00000b96 1 (this removed the second diary)

3) then I entered the console command: set startglobal to 1 (I think this kicks off the script that activates the diary) I was then able to use the diary to level about 6 more times and then the level up icon cleared!

4) there was much rejoicing. :thumbsup:
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

Animation mods... I am sure they are at least part of the issue. Are you sure the diary really disappeared before you installed them?

The problem with animation mods is that they alter the player character, whereas Nehrim's player character has a script attachted to him. So animation mods can make the game forget about the script (particularly when they are blindly ported from Oblivion, but unfortunately not only then). I am totally not surprised by bugs with animation mods, but the part about reinstalling the game and the bug appearing without any mod bugs me - do you have a save with the bug BEFORE any mods?

Sorry for the silence on this forum; September was a turbulent month for me, with lots of moving involved. And the rest of the team was (and still is) busy making the addon...
beowulf6666
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hello,

i am using the goty edition of oblivion and i am still unable to level up.

no mods have been installed and i tried the "removal of the second diary" and the starting of the global script and i still am not able to level up.

it just says ability level up 0

also no other files are loaded other than the base 3 nehrim files

can any1 please help, i just recently decided to replay the game...and i found out about nehrim.
all excited to play it but it doenst work :(

please help
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1