where are my saved games for backup? crashing problems

Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Dark Phoenix
Krieger
Krieger

i got the constant crashing problem others are having so i wanna try saving my save games and reinstalling. i am using Oblivion patched to the latest, the 1111 patch and when it installed, i let it set up nehrim in it's own folder - tried deleting the ini file and it didn't help. i cannot find my save games anywhere.. i guess i'm still looking in the wrong place.

Hope i can fix this cus i am just a few quests away from the end of the main quest and dont wannna play the whole thing over again. I'm using Win 7 64 bit with 4 gigs of ram, no mods installed no reordering of my files in the launcher or anything.
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

The Saves are in Oblivion folder for saved games that is by default in C:\Documents and Settings\N A M E\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves
Dark Phoenix
Krieger
Krieger

Thanks.. I looked there but must have overlooked the saves folder.

I reinstalled, It did not work. all saves still crash on startup. Any other tips to help solve the problem?

Now it seems like all saves crash even older ones that i never had trouble with. It's cant be the saves themselves that are corrupt.
Dark Phoenix
Krieger
Krieger

Please look at these save files.

I think I know Exactly where my problem starts. Save # 182 will always load. This is before I go to the rowboat to go to the ship to fire the cannons. Every save after that does not load. I can play the game from that save and make new saves and they will crash the game every time. All saves crash, main saves, autosaves and quicksaves. i reinstalled Nehrim and the 1111 patch, as well as Oblivion with the latest patch, that's it, no mods. Sometimes I can play up until I get to the storage caves with Kim then the game will crash and I cannot go beyond that.

The file is called "temp saves.rar" and is here: Just unrar.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=00UALAQB

Edit. I've tried some more. sometimes I can get passed the storage caves and keep playing but no new saves will work.
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

Maybe your save can be analyzed by an Nehrim Techniker, I have no experience with it.
Dark Phoenix
Krieger
Krieger

I know Garnet. I see devs ask for save files all the time so i posted. One day one of them will look at my files and get back to me. Hope it's soon cus as it is now it's futile to play the game without working saves.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

Megaupload reports "download limit exceeded". Given that I didn't download anything from Megaupload for at least a month now, this seems like a bug, but I don't really feel like debugging a crappy site like Megaupload...

Anyway, I fear I cannot help you much with corrupted saves. I tried to figure out several bugs from corrupted Nehrim saves, but there is no savegame reader for TES4 (like Enchanted Editor for TES3), so the only usable clues I can get are from yourself...

So, you say that #182 is not corrupted, but whenever you fire the cannons it becomes so? What happens if you DON'T fire the cannons, but just sit there, waiting for 3-4 days and saving again? Is the save corrupted once again?
If no, what if you just go on board, not yet firing the canons? Is it corrupted then?
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

@Dark Phoenix
Just to give you some help when uploading something next time, when you post a reply on this forum, just below you have an option Upload Attachment.
Dark Phoenix
Krieger
Krieger

Thanks kassandra, I didn't know I could upload attacthments directly to the forum.

arvisrend, it seems anything after the 182 save. This is just after I left the House and started to head for the rowboat. I haven't tried waiting a few days then saving, I'll try that.

I'll upload the files here if you still wanna take a look.

Edit. Opps darn, cannot upload the file, max allowed is 2 Mb and this save file is over 3 mb's. I wonder if that could be a problem. I notice looking at all my save files that they all start off smaller, around 1 MB and grow in size as I make more saves. Is that normal?

Edit: i tried waiting 3 days. at first i thought it worked because after waiting a new save would load, but that save was just a few feet away from my position on save 182. It seems as soon as i arrive at the rowboat or ship, no matter if I arrive in daytime or night, any save at that point will crash. I have even bypassed the rowboat and gone to the ship via noclipping mode and still the saves crash.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

You can use http://www.7-zip.org/ for archiving your saves. I bet that even several saves, as long as they are close to each other playtime-wise, will shrink to <2mb with 7zip.
Yes, saves grow in size with progressing gameplay.

Have you tried loading some earlier saves and replaying the sequence? Do you still get the crashes?
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1