Extreme Lag With High End GPU

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Rivnat
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hi everyone.

Well, I play Oblivion for more than 3 Years, one of the Best RPGs ever made for me.

I've heard about Nehrim a few months ago, but only tested it on a few days ago.

But I'm having a VERY annoying problem, extreme low FPS with a good PC.

On Caves or Interiors I get 50FPS, on Outside I get 20 FPS, on Cities, it's 10.

I have already tried the following:

Run the Game on Administrator and/or Windows XP SP3 Compatibility Mode
Disabling HDD, and/or all the Optimizing options on the Launcher
Setting graphics to a lot of different settings (Even Low didn't worked, 30FPS on Exteriors with this)
Lowering Resolution
Disabling Depth of Field
Tweaking
Disabling HDR

NONE worked.

My PC Specs ae:

AMD Phenom II X4 925 2,80GHz
4GB of Ram
ATI HD R6870 MSI Twin FrozrII 1GB GDDR5
Windows 7 - 64 Bits - Ultimate Edition
1920x1080 Resolution

Anyone have any idea of how to fix it?
soop
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Im having a similar issue.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

A similar topic here might (or might not) help: http://www.sureai.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... lay#p34799
Takezo_Dunmer2K5
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

When I used to have a functional Oblivion/Nehrim I experienced the same problem and I have a 6 core2.8/1x2gb GPU and 14 gbs of ram, but I still get major slowdown in the cities. This is due to the fact that this mod, unlike vanilla, has an insane amount of trees and lighting! I'd say about 80% of modders, no matter how great the mod, usually goes overboard on the lights. If you go to Oblivion's wiki and look up the info on lights you'll learn that the positional lighting is extremely CPU intensive because each extra light that shines on a polygon has to render it, and when the radius of too many lights are gathered in and around the same area this will in turn decimate Framerates!

"Every light in CS has a radius, usually specified by the number at the end of the light name. Use "L" to preview this radius in the render window. Be cautious and avoid overlaps where possible. As more lights hit a polygon, the game has a harder time rendering it, which can hurt framerate "
-CS WIKI

Imagine this, each time you have a light bounce on an object that object and the part of that lit object needs to be rendered, now if you have two to three lights overlapping it still needs to render the object, and the lit parts x2-3 times! One of the biggest mistakes Modders make is when they have a dark cavern or an indoor scene, 9 times out of 10 they will have the ambient lighting set to 0-0-0 and have an overabundance of positional lights literally blanket the scene, THIS is where FPS's truly plummet! I must say however, that SureAI is not one of those modders that abuse Beth's lighting system, but the fact is that the cities and even outdoor areas still have a LOT of polygons, I'd say their forests/cities have about 50-65% more density than the whole of Vanilla's Oblivion, the original devs made the cities a separate land-space for a reason and the game's engine was never made to be packed as densely as this mod has done, without some serious horsepower in order to play it all sliders up!

So in order to have a functional FPS count (Without dialing down too many options) You will have to either tone-down the trees/LOD or crack open the CS, and start deleting some tree/lights, or you go into nif scope and decimate the polygons in some of the more denser objects such as trees, boulders and many other models; otherwise it's pretty impossible to have the game run at a consistent 50-60 FPS, (In ALL areas) unless you upgrade to a Intel i7 8-core 4ghz and a dual 2gb GPU crossfire set up with at least 16 gb Ram.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

i'm actually using a custom built rig. not quite as monstrous as anything you mentioned.
i've got a 3g quadcore processor, 6gb of ddr3 ram, and an ati radeon x1600, the only lag i get is in the dark forest during spell casting, and i simply turn of the LOD and it’s cool.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1