Installation Problem

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
folgore
Bettler
Bettler

I've been trying to do a clean reinstall of the game the past day or so and unfortunately this keeps happening:

Bild

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've downloaded the game from about 4 different mirrors, and just finished torrenting it. Same problem every time. The bar is green until that black dot, then I get the error. I'm assuming the problem is on my end now and not due to a corrupted download. I have the DVD version of Oblivion, already reinstalled it and patched it twice. I haven't installed either game to the program files directory and have been running everything as admin. I can't figure out what the problem is. Anyone know what the issue is, or is my hard drive crapping itself?
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

Turn Any Anti-viruses off when you are installing and also turn UAC off whilst installing, give that a shot and try again.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi
Question - What happens if you click ignore? Does it complete and game unplayable.
folgore
Bettler
Bettler

I had UAC off, and tried a new download/install with my AV disabled but still the same problem. =/

I have tried to ignore the corrupt file, but I crash loading a save every time.

edit: is there a manual installation hosted somewhere? I can probably just drag and drop the folder into my Nehrim directory. Should work.
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

Hmmmm........Everything else on your PC is working as intended yes? Just thinking it may be RAM or HDD related. Have you tried downloading from different browsers?
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi
I crash loading a save every time.
Would it start a new game.

Question - Have you looked in Administration tools - computer management -event viewer (setup and app log) see if anything obvious showing.

p.s Have not asked, but is this normal install (not steam)?
folgore
Bettler
Bettler

Finally got it to install properly after torrenting the exe for (I think) the 4th time. Restarted my router, modem and turned off my AV and firewall. I don't know what did it exactly, but it worked. Really bizarre, but I won't complain. Thanks for the help.
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1