No Voice dialog

Moderator: Moderatoren

29 Beiträge Seite 2 von 3
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

Hey,

Alright i disabled Sound Acceleration for my Audio and also reinstalled Nehrim with a fresh Oblivion copy installed and there is still no voice's. I think that it is more than possible that the Nehrim sound archive may be corrupt, it would explain why the dialog Shoots by and they dont even attempt to speak.

Whats the likelihood of that?

Yeah it is installed to Program files but i Have had UAC turned off since the first day i used windows 7. 1 interesting point i can make is that the sound archive doesn't seem to want to open in TES4Edit yet every other archive does, including the Texture and Mesh BSA's.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

The md5sum of the correct NehrimInstall_1.0.7.5_EN.exe should be 2395ef942f7bc67be794f267604c3809. Does this match with yours? If not, I think you should re-download the Nehrim installer. Unfortunately, it IS a big file, and Firefox does have problems with resuming downloads after a pause, so better to do it in one run.
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

Hey,

I just checked it with FCIV and the MD5 Checksum matches the one that you provided. hmmmm do you think that the remnants of a mod are causing Nehrim to not locate this files correctly? im still puzzled why that mages voices worked and no others have.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

I honestly don't know. If you haven't already tried a clean reinstall of Oblivion AND Nehrim (don't forget the oblivion patch), it's the next thing that comes into my mind.
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

Hey,

Yeah i tried a clean install of Oblivion and Nehrim because that was my first thought, i backed up all my data from my last install though so i can easily reinstall my mods. Im just stumped on why the game can find the voice files for certain characters but not others yet all the sounds are there?
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi

Think I have found a solution/ the problem you might be having. First a response to @arvisrend
TheHawk wrote:
1 - Try copying sound.bsa file over from Oblivion to Nehrim just in case it has been corrupted.

How is THIS supposed to be of help?
I was actually thinking of if the sound files were corrupt and meant to say Nehrim sound files not Oblivion, so in fact a fresh download and install of Nehrim :mrgreen:
If read on I have just had the same issue and found the solution/problem.

Just been starting again with the newest patch and have noticed a lot of NPC's (who I think used to lip sink) no longer do and some voices missing. Not a lot just a few. Need to play with previous patch and new one to be able to confirm this.
Problem was I had a mod enabled which (doh!!!!!) I had not removed Oblivion from the reference with Tes4Edit or Wrye Bash, it was a body replacer mod. Had not noticed because used a save game and not started a fresh one. If I had,would have notice Oblivion races in the mix at the start. Removed mod all PC's now lip sink and talk.

So @THEfog - have you mods enabled? Disable them and see if voices now work. If sound now works, check your mods to see which has Oblivion still showing in Wrye bash.
Sorry about any confusion I might have made with the sound.bsa suggestion :oops:
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Oh yes, race replacers can mess up voices indeed.
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, ill check that out now, be back in a while with the results.

Thanks!
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

Alright, i have found two mods which seem to be causing the issues yet Ive opened them up in TES4Edit to fix the issue yet it still persists, how to i remove the references to oblivion so they dont keep recking the voice system (i used to this with alot of Fallout 3 Mods to get them to work with Fallout New Vegas)
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

Hmmmmmm Now my Saves are crashing. This usually indicates its trying to utilize a Mod which is no longer activated right? i wonder if i can delete its dependencies under wyre bash?
29 Beiträge Seite 2 von 3