No Voice dialog

Moderator: Moderatoren

29 Beiträge Seite 1 von 3
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

Hey guys,

Downloaded Nehrim about 4 days ago, only to be greeted by a myriad of issues haha. i posted at the nexus and received one reply that was not very helpful so i decided to figure out all the issues myself (Purple Blood, Black ground, rolling Eyes etc). But there is still one issue i cant seem to fix. when i started the game that bloke who rushes out to greet you simply stares at you while subtitles flash by, i managed to catch everything he was saying because they were relatively short comments so that wasn't a huge issue (Was really looking forward to the voices though :( ). Anyway, when you arrive at that point where that Mage lights the ground on fire, i was greeted with Dialog that was working perfectly, the voices were amazing :o . however it was short lived, after that no voiced actor has made a peep and i cant read most of what they are saying when the subtitles are there for perhaps 2 seconds at most before disappearing.

I tried all the suggestions in the other posts regarding missing sound such a setting audio to software and disabling sound devices which aren't being used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

THEfog
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

In your options menu, you can set sound to hardware acceleration or software acceleration. Try changing to the other option.
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

Thanks for the reply! Yep i tried that one, although i saw something which made me wonder - the lips don't move at all when they talk????? could this mean that the original audio files are not being found and lip sync is not being activated?
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

I dont want to Play it anymore until i fix this lol because it just doesn't feel right when everybody is silent. Any more suggestions?
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

Anybody? Any help is really appreciated.
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

Tyred it with the launcher or with the audio settings in windows? http://www.sureai.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=4611
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.
Nothing worked yet from above posts and links?
Did the sound stop after a certain save?
Do you still have sound in earlier saves?

If none of above, sorry but not great help I guess, but...

1 - Try copying sound.bsa file over from Oblivion to Nehrim just in case it has been corrupted.
2 - Re-install Nehrim.

Sorry - thats all I can think of at moment. :roll:
Hope you get it fixed.
THEfog
Schurke
Schurke

Hey Guys,

Hmmmm Haven't fiddled around with the windows sound settings yet, might try that when i get home.
The only time i ever had sound was when the Mage approaches you just as you are about to leave the Cave for the first time. before and after that there is no sound :(
Ive reinstalled Nehrim a few times, however i have yet to try copying the Sound.Bsa from oblivion to replace the one that Nehrim is using, thanks.
ill report back after trying this when i get back from work!
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

TheHawk hat geschrieben:
1 - Try copying sound.bsa file over from Oblivion to Nehrim just in case it has been corrupted.
How is THIS supposed to be of help?
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

where have you installed nehrim? did you use a protected location, such as program files? the only thing i can think of is perhaps the sound files aren't being installed or copied correctly. that's all i got.

---edit
as for the visual issues, what's your texture size set to in the video settings in nehrim/oblivion? if it's not set to large that could cause similar issues with high-end textures, or so i'm told.

---edit2
oh, i see from re-reading your post that you have fixed the visual issues, or that's what i gathered. so never mind.
29 Beiträge Seite 1 von 3