So, what exactly goes wrong with the installation and UAC?

Moderator: Moderatoren

15 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
taltamir
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

your computer being extremely fast doesn't matter, only the HDD speed matters. And HDD are really, really slow.
Unless you have a blazing fast SSD it just takes time, over 30 minutes is normal for a modern game.

Try just walking away for 10 minutes when you see it, rather then just terminating the install as if it is frozen.
Note that if windows says it is "not responding" it does not, in any way shape or form, means it is frozen.

However, your anti virus program COULD be introducing delays, or even halting the process. It is also best to do it after a reboot to ensure there isn't a leftover setup program that hasn't terminated properly. If it happened to you with dragon age as well its definitely your PC, and from your description it doesn't sound like a real problem (beyond the fact that the progress bar is crap, but its always been the case). Ignore the progress bar and let it do its thing.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

pickel5857 hat geschrieben:
I'm having a problem where my computer freezes around 70% through installation. i've downloaded the file multiple times from different sources (in case the first download got interrupted or corrupted), I'm not installing it into the Program Files directory, I've got windows XP and no other programs running while it's installing.

I have no clue if this is an issue with the exe, installer, or just my computer. It's an extremely fast computer so I couldnt see processing power being an issue, but my computer has had similar problems trying to install Dragon Age: Origins.

It'd be great if there was a manual install with a zip file of the contents and a list of files that needed to be copied from Oblivion. I'm aware that the point of the exe is an easy installation, but it's not working for me and I haven't seen any similar issues in the forum. I've attempted an install 5 or 6 times and it never stalls at quite the same spot, I might get 5 more bars or 5 less.
This MIGHT be a drive error... Care to do a chkdsk (or how it is called under modern Windows)?

If not, http://innounp.sourceforge.net/ could be of use.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi
@S0NofaGUN - Question. How much disk space have you got left on your drive?
MaxWhoIsMad
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

When I try to run the installer, I get the following error message: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. I am running 32 bit Windows Vista.

Never mind. I just downloaded the Installation file again, and it seems to be working fine.
lice23
Bettler
Bettler

Hi guys! I just downloaded Nehrim recently, but I can't seem to get it running. I did everything the read-me asked me to do but when I start the game, the following error come up:
Code: Alles auswählen
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   oblivion.exe
  Application Version:   1.2.0.416
  Application Timestamp:   462392c7
  Fault Module Name:   oblivion.exe
  Fault Module Version:   1.2.0.416
  Fault Module Timestamp:   462392c7
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00098749
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   27c8
  Additional Information 2:   27c8ce5af7a07bedf550bd9c573901b3
  Additional Information 3:   e56e
  Additional Information 4:   e56e9cfaf3cd1084b6b4c016d12ce64c
I didn't install Nehrim in the Program Files (x86) folder so I know it's not my UAC, I have Win7, OB is installed in Program Files (x86) though, but I don't think that's it since UAC is off and everything is running with Admin privileges. I'm also using Qarl's Texture Pack III but I don't think that it would crash the game like this.
Can anyone help me?
15 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2