Anyone running this game crash free?

Moderator: Moderatoren

44 Beiträge Seite 3 von 5
summers
Schurke
Schurke

Hard luck, I hope you have enough skill points in blunt weapon to do max damage.lol
Meren
Krieger
Krieger

summers hat geschrieben:
Hard luck, I hope you have enough skill points in blunt weapon to do max damage.lol

Ha, just got back, didn't need any blunt at all, they were brilliant and swapped me a 60" plasma for it, no problems and very sorry for my inconvenience, fair made my day that has :D
Harbringe
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Crash Free may not be possible but I have managed to greatly reduce the amount I have crashed and the severity of those crashes.First my system when I started.

3 GHZ Dual core processor
Nvidia GTX+ 9800
4 GB ram
SoundBlaster Value 5.1 (12 - 15 years old) - Then to RealTek HDAudio 7.1

So when first running it was having real problems ,even blue screens of death ,but wasn't sure why ,had never updated my Bios as that has its risks but no matter what I tried nothing seemed to work.So updated it (thank god my isp provider is ranked as best in North America)had to do it online.Anyway it improved less crashes.Next was my soundcard ,I have onboard Realtek HD Audio but was using my Soundblaster card cause there are issues with missing windows files and Realtek anyway found a posting on my mobo's site that explained how to get around it ,also updated all my other drivers for my system.Anyway started it up and noticed a big improvement.After that started tinkering around with the settings in the game and settled on a 1400 - 900 widescreen resolution ,HDR, basically all shadows turned off except trees (shadows at 512) ,all distance viewing on ,and most the effects in diary off ,except for the essential ones.Also its a good idea in any game really to have the game resolution match up with your system resolution and as Nehrim run off the Oblivion engine and takes its settings from Oblivion its helpful to match that up as well when you start Oblivion that one time so Nehrim will have all the files it needs.You may not think it would make a difference but a friend of mine once told me windows has the habit of checking resolutions built in its OS and it helps if all the resolutions are the same.Now one final thing Nehrim is a game basically running over another game (Oblivion) and as such its a program utilizing another program ,well from playing Third Age Total War ,a Medeival 2 Total War conversion I was informed that many Virus checkers will look upon this as a virus because it shares many of the mimicry scripts that viruses use to infect your system but because its not a virus it doesn't know what to do with it ,so it just keeps checking and checking til you crash.Anyhoo turned off my virus checker and voila can have crash free sessions lasting from 4 - 12 hours .Still ocassionally crashes but its much better ,much much better. And the crashes are just CTD no more blue screens of death.

Now when I play Its a matter of me running around like a mad man or clicking on doors and things too fast that may or may not cause it to crash all I have to do is slow up to let the processing catch up ,and with a new clean install and maybe using stutter removal I may mitigate that to some degree.All in all I'm pretty pleased with it now.

Hope this helps

PS: My install of Nehrim is in its own dir on the C: drives and its not a steam version of Oblivion I have

PPS: Also just so you know I'm using regular old QTP3 , not QTP3Redimized with its optimized meshes a,d that alone would see my game performance improve
Zuletzt geändert von Harbringe am 23.10.2010 16:00, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi
First some are damn lucky/rich (60" !!!! gone are those days. Sold my soul/body and everything else just for a decent,well half decent graphics pad).
Secondly. Your right about SSD drives. But mine is only 40gb, bought a few years ago (those were the days). Use to keep my OS on there. Now though run 3 h/d's. OS on a decent (well decent enough 7200rpm) h/d , gamesinstalled to SSD, third drive for odds/sods and backup but also my page file.
So really even with an SSD, if you want to improve performance a little, move your pageing file to a seperate hard drive.
Meren
Krieger
Krieger

Hawk !!!

Help me !!!

I've managed to drag it out of the van and into the house but I can't manage to lift the damn thing out of the blasted box, and no way can I get up onto the unit its gonna stand on.

Been waiting for a mate to finish work and everyone else is out on the drink.

Its sat there Hawk, its sat there teasing me going oooh, look at all my lovely pixels.

I'm gonna plug it in where it is and climb in the chuffin box with it.

I've even played a bit of old Oblivion (haven't got Nehrim on this pc) to try and take my mind of it, but it doesn't seem quite as good since playin Nehrim.

Patience is not my strong point, as you can probably tell.

Over and out, gone to stroke plasma.
summers
Schurke
Schurke

Wow 60inch plazma, nice loot you've got there mate, good for you! It's also nice to hear no one was hurt after all.lol

Harbringe
Thanks for your contribution to this thread, I'm sure someone will benefit from it:)Every bit of info counts!
Meren
Krieger
Krieger

Cheers Summers, its finally set up and looks great, colours so vivid, me likee much.

Anyhoo, now my fannyfit is over, back on topic.

Harbringe makes an excellent point about the Antivirus software, think Crysis was the last game I played that AVG interfered with, had to make exceptions in the AVG advanced options pointing to the actual Crysis game data folder and the Crysis folder in "My Games" where it placed the ini files etc.

Running pretty much crash free at the mo but am gonna make exceptions to the Nehrim folder aanyway, nice one Harbringe.
Szoreny
Gauner
Gauner

I think I've had one crash with Nehrim in maybe 20 hours. And my system isn't very strong either, but its very clean.

It runs a venerable Opteron 165 overclocked @ 2.4ghz
2 gigs RAM
EVGA 9800GTX+ 512
Win XP pro ...

Nehrim on very high settings runs like a dream really, with FPS trouble in Erothim.... maybe 15fps in the crowded bits - but generally I see 40+ and no crashes!

Fallout New Vegas on the other hand....I've seen more BSOD's in the last two days then I've seen in the last ten years.
Meren
Krieger
Krieger

Good to hear your systems having no problems with it, its odd though, I'm running an ATI 5970 and can usually sit at 80 or so fps while out and about but Erothin still has me down to 15 fps too, running pretty much crash free now though.

As for Fallout NV, yeesh, can't believe they released that in that state, tons of people are going nuts about it, and I dont think Steam is doing it any favours either, and as long as it needs Steam, it won't be going on my rig.

Hope the Bethsoft guys bring out a worth while patch soon so you guys can sit back and enjoy NV, maybe they should ask SureAI how to do things the right way.
Szoreny
Gauner
Gauner

I don't mean to hijack the thread by harping on New Vegas, - but I actually fixed my BSODs by lowering hardware sound acceleration to 'basic' through dxdiag. Runs very well now, now there's just content bugs nothing catastrophic.

Fun game, very strange mechanical decisions w/ the game systems but, its good -- feels like a theme park though.
44 Beiträge Seite 3 von 5