Anyone running this game crash free?

Moderator: Moderatoren

44 Beiträge Seite 2 von 5
Meren
Krieger
Krieger

After the crash at about 2.30 am, I played till 7 am without another crash, apart from 7.05 am when my head crashed into the pillow.

Haven't had chance to do anything today as my new furniture and 5.1 speaker setup arrived this afternoon, been manically putting new units together and running cables in so I can get my new speakers and subs set up (I really do love new toys).

Summers

Are you up for an experiment ?

If so pm me your email and I'll send you what you need to try this out.

Oh, and how much RAM are you running btw.
summers
Schurke
Schurke

Hey mate thanks a lot for your offer but don't you think it's maybe better to write what you've done here so that we all can appreciate and try out your method all toghether while your busy playing with your new toys?(5.1 speaker, I really envy you, I'm playing with my 4 quid ebuyer headsets on.lol) I fully understand and respect your sentiment not wanting to dissapoint anyone but I think no one here would blame you even if it doesn't work for everyone. Btw, I have 4GB ram, E8400 and 9800GTX+ and I have another 3 systems running so even if this radical experiment(?) ended up in tears and broke this pc I don't mind.lol If you still think it's too early to make this method public please tell me and I'll send you my email address.
krathax
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I would be eager to try the solution as well.

I have a gtx295, core i7-860 and 4GB ram on win7 32 bit running latest drivers. I have tried fiddling with most of the graphics and sound options as well as rolling back to the oldest nvidia win7 gtx 295 driver I could find, all to no avail. I get similar crashes, some lock me up 100% some just crash the oblivion exe.

Thanks!

Krathax
krathax
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

PC gaming I know there are a multitude of factors, but in general would be interested to hear what specs people have that are running this mod more or less crash free...ATI cards? Older Nvidia cards? WinXP? etc...

My crashing feels video hw or driver related ...

Krathax
Meren
Krieger
Krieger

Ok

Finished setting up my new toys so here goes.

Take a look at this screen shot of the settings in my Nehrim launcher, set yours the same, apart from the screen resolution, thats just what I play at.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/M ... ttings.jpg

Just out of interest and to satisfy my curiosity, run the game with these settings and see how long you can go without a crash.

Next, go to the jolly old Nexus and download this, its been about for a while now so some of you may already know about it, I think its a very nifty easy to use little utility and I'm now never without it.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=32405

Follow the instructions to the letter, no really, follow them and BACK UP YOUR EXE FILE FIRST.

If your running Vista / Win 7 and have installed your games in the default program files folder, UAC will stop this program from saving its changes and may corrupt the EXE file, if so post here and I'll talk you through a workaround.

This tweak does not like the memory preload options in the Nehrim launcher (on my rig anyhoo), thats why I put a link to my screen shot, but have a play about things may work differently for you.

Hope this works for you all and gives you some stability so that you can enjoy Nehrim without headbutting your monitor every hour or so.

And guys:

This works for me, if it doesn't work for you all you have lost is a bit of time, I'm trying to help so don't come whinging if it doesnt work the same for you as it does for me.

Regards, Meren.
summers
Schurke
Schurke

Great, thanks a lot mate:)I'll definitely try this one out and will report back as soon as I can.
Unfortunately it's going to be a long busy week for me so it might take a while though.
Cheers!
summers
Schurke
Schurke

OK, I finally had some time to play around with this ram booster utility yesterday night and after successfully modifying executive, I played for 2hours crash free so things are looking quite good for me! Thanks again Meren for sharing your great findings with us. I also switched texture size from high to medium and that seemed to have helped stablity a bit too. But I have minor problem with texture size set at medium, some items(such as Breeches, Clogs and Shirt with suspenders)look really weird in shop inventory, their usual icons are replaced with weird colored squares consists of florecent green and pink. But they are not really that important to begin with so I can live with that.lol
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi
[quote some items(such as Breeches, Clogs and Shirt with suspenders)look really weird in shop inventory][/quote]

Are these Nehrim icons or Mods? As found some mods seem to use different pixel sizes which muck up the colours.

If looking for something else too help stability, boost game performance (all games). Might want to check this out.
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster2beta.html

Cheers Meren. Was running with exact same setup as you but with mem preload. The only difference I have found without it, is a lot more stutter. So going to try out the Memory booster at some point.
summers
Schurke
Schurke

No mods installed on top of Nehrim apart from this ram booster moded exe ofcourse. But I also tried non-modded executive and got the same problem so that doesnt seem to be the culprit. Changing texture size to high seems to fix these broken icons but reverting back to medium will resurrect them again. This glitch was first noticed at Moni's castle shop in Castle of Stonefield BTW.
Meren
Krieger
Krieger

Glad its helped a bit guys, I do have one solution for the loading lags but it aint a cheap, I bought an SSD hard drive and hell its fast, new cells are in in a blink and I can load a save in 3 seconds.

Only problem is its only 120 gig, anything bigger costs a fortune so I bought a normal terrabyte drive to use as storage and only run program files on the C drive.

Like I say, they aint cheap but they do improve things if you can get your paws on one, and if you do for gods sake don't defrag it, they don't like it and its not needed as they don't store data in the same way as a conventional drive.

And apart from that, I'm sulking, my 3 week old projector I bought for gaming on went tits up last night, gonna use it to beat up a shop assistant later today, if I don't post anymore you'll know I got arrested and banged up for it :D
44 Beiträge Seite 2 von 5