Disappearing Items

Moderator: Moderatoren

14 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
GreatGrizzly
Bettler
Bettler

It seems that items keep disappearing from my inventory when I switch from them to another item. Example: If I have a sword in my hands and then I click on an axe (in the inventory screen) to switch to the axe as my active weapon, the sword disappears entirely.

Anyone else experiencing this? The only way to prevent this is to de-equip the item by clicking on it, then equipping the new item.

I have lost a few valuable items before I noticed this happening to me.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

This is pretty strange. Are you sure you have the newwest Oblivion patch (1.2.0416)?
GreatGrizzly
Bettler
Bettler

Yep. I noticed that even though things disappeared from my inventory, I still have the benefits of the items.

I have the amulate that fortifies health still on my character and am still getting the effects, but its not showing up in inventory.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Please upload your savegame.
GreatGrizzly
Bettler
Bettler

I would post a save file, but now my saved games don't work. WTF?

The game crashes on the last 3 saved games I tried, this started when I went into the secret hatch as part of the roots quest.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Forgot to install Oblivion patch 1.2.0416? Then, sorry, your savegame is probably corrupted (this was the actual reason why Bethesda released that patch).
GreatGrizzly
Bettler
Bettler

No, I did install it. I mentioned that just a few posts before....
JOG
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

The missing items may be an old bug in WZ_Inventory (which was included in the Nehrim UI). If so, the items might come back simply by switching to list mode and back (using the button in the upper left corner of the inventory screen.)

As for the savegames: they can also get corrupted by excessive use of Quickload. To speed up reloading, the game isn't fully reset when you don't load from the main menu, and as so often, Bethsoft has overdone that quite a bit.
netpolip
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Only those items disappear, witch is enchanted by the player. But this is happening when you save the game and exit. As long as you play the game, save and load a lot and not quit you do not have this problem. :( :( :(
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

This might be happening because your Oblivion is not patched (1.2.0416 is the newest patch and yes, it is necessary).
14 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2