Diary bug, now can't level

Moderator: Moderatoren

17 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
Phuse99
Bettler
Bettler

Ok i disabled a couple animation changing mods (DMC stylish, and a different walk) and pretty much every one that isnt found on the german mod list you have, and so far the diary has reappeared. i'll update if anything changes, thx! lol..
KotCR
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hey, hate to bump but just ran into this problem too.
Took me a while to notice my diary was missing and I couldn't level up anymore.

Anyway, disabling "Mayu's Animation Overall" seemed to fix it - the diary reappeared and I was able to level-up again.

There must be some conflict, though considering it's an animation mod that does seem odd. Considering that MAO is widely used for replacing animations, think there might be a quick fix for the problem?
sparrowjuice
Bettler
Bettler

Ditto, same thing has happened to me. I'll try disabeling mods now.
sparrowjuice
Bettler
Bettler

Yep.. animation replacer, "Women's move", disabeling fixed it.. odd.
sparrowjuice
Bettler
Bettler

Looked at the esp in tes4edit and there seems to be some differences between the two player references.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

The levelling up process is a kind of interplay between the script that runs on the diary and the script that runs on the player. If some mod changes the player ref (which makes sense for an animations mod...), the script on the player might get de-referenced...
haidaboy
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

This might help someone who wants to retain their animation mod and still have access to the diary and levelling:

Open the mod and the master Nehrim file (nehrim.esm) in TES4Edit. U may need to change your registry install key so that TES4Edit can locate the Nehrim install folder as it defaults to the normal Oblivion install location.
Then open the tree associated with your mod on the left in TES4Edit. This should eventually display the form ID of "00000007" for the player character reference.

Now two side by side displays should appear on the right side of the TES4Edit window....One for the master file (nehrim.esm) and one for the mod file.

Browse down until u come to the entry "SCRI - Script"
Under the "nehrim.esm" column there should be an entry "GlobalplayerScript [SCPT:00004E1A]"
Add that entry to your mod file column. (if the corresponding place is empty in your mod column, u can create an entry by right clicking and using "add")
Save the changes to your modfile by exiting TES4Edit.
This should now allow the diary functions to be present even with your mod loaded.
If this fails, then u might want to make other changes in TES4Edit so that your mod has the same entries as "nehrim.esm" I would look for anything that references scripts or player name and try to match them to the entries in "nehrim.esm". Don't delete any scripts from your mod column, or the mod may cease to function.
17 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2