No Torch in Inventory at Start of Mod

Moderator: Moderatoren

15 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Kenny83
Bettler
Bettler

Hello.

When playing this mod, everything works fine. I fall down the hole and land in the pile of rubble. It mentions using a torch, and upon reading about this on different websites, there is supposed to be one in your inventory.

There is not one in my inventory. The only thing that is in my inventory are the things you start with as a prisoner in cyrodill. The clothes and the bracers.
Once again, there is NO torch at all.

I've uninstalled AND reinstalled Oblivion, and done the same with Nehrim. None of this has fixed the issue. When installing Nehrim I can't launch it from its own install directory because it gives me a steam error. (No, this isn't pirated - you can see I own it on my steam profile.)

Any ideas?
micalov
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I believe the player start items of the prisoner cloths/shackles are part of oblivion ESM, and nehrim has it set as its own, are you shure oblivion ESM is not active/should even be in the install folder and nehrim esm, esp and nerhim data are all checked?
Chasm
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier

Your load order should be:
Nehrim.esm
NehrimData.esp
English.esp (or whatever the translation file is actually called)

If this is the case and the torch is still missing I suppose that arvisrend wants your savegame for debugging.
Kenny83
Bettler
Bettler

Using that load order worked, but now I have a new problem:

Where before even though I had no inventory torch, at least the HUD and New inventory system worked. Now the menu and all of the visual stuff (the HUD and the inventory system) use oblivion's default stuff.

Help? :(
Chasm
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier

Not really, your installation obviously has some serious problems but it is difficult to say what they are.
Maybe the Team has an idea.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

Kenny83 hat geschrieben:
Using that load order worked, but now I have a new problem:

Where before even though I had no inventory torch, at least the HUD and New inventory system worked. Now the menu and all of the visual stuff (the HUD and the inventory system) use oblivion's default stuff.

Help? :(
It seems like you have installed Nehrim into Oblivion's original folder.
Kenny83
Bettler
Bettler

I appreciate the input, Arvisrend - but if you read my first post I stated that I can't run it from the folder it creates.
It gives me an error:

Steam Error

Application Load Error 5:0000065434

And quits.

Bild

And, as I said, it isn't pirated.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kenny83 - Click on view all games and you can see for yourself.
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

Replace the "Oblivion - Misc.bsa" file in your Oblivion\Data folder by the one from the Nehrim\Data folder. Yes, you should backup it first if you ever want to play Oblivion again.
Chasm
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier

Steam (and D2D) is a problem for a lot of Nehrim players.

One of the MAJOR pitfalls is that the file "Oblivion - Misc.bsa" gets modified/replaced by Nehrim.
This has recently been noted, should probably have been "Nehrim - Misc.bsa" but is not.(AFAIK the references point to the Oblivion file, so renaming does not work.)

So do what arvisrend said above. Do not forget to disable the automatic update feature of Steam for Oblivion, or it will "repair" the file!

Has someone already translated the Steam installation guide to English?
Revelation
Bettler
Bettler

Hi guys,

I am getting the same problem with the steam version.

I have replaced the original oblivion file with the Nehrim misc file, but I am still getting the same error.

Running Windows 7.

It's not installed over oblivion, it's installed straight to C:\sureAI\nehrim

I've made sure the Nehrim data files are the only ones activated and my oblivion is patched and up to date. I disable auto patching before replacing the file so that the file doesn't get 'repaired'.

All this and I still get the 5:0000065434 error ... at wits end ... =(

-Rev
15 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2