Magic casting and Light spell have no light

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Flying Kites
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Perhaps I disabled something in the launcher settings to cause this. I started playing not long ago and noticed that casting spells was giving off no light which I thought might have been a feature and I wasn't eager to change it. Torches works just fine, so it seems to be only magic, and I recently acquired the Light spell and that is giving off no light either, so I may have run into a bug or I have disabled something.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

Hello Flying Kites
can you send us a saved game?
You can find it at: ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Saves
Game saves always are made of 2 files, a -.ess and a -.skse file with the same name, put them both in an archive and upload this here as an attachment (zip, raw).

Are you using any mod´s? If yes, test it without mod´s.

What else you could try is to repair the installation via Steam.
Note: set you first always have to activate Oblivion with the switcher, otherwise you will destroy the installation of both games.

I just saw your other post, are you using the Oblivion version from GOG or from Steam?
With the gog version you would have to use the older Nehrim version, then of course the repair via Steam is not possible.

(preferred launcher setting see image)
Dateianhänge
oblivion-Launcher-einstellungen.JPG
oblivion-Launcher-einstellungen.JPG (69.78 KiB) 8954 mal betrachtet
Flying Kites
Gauner
Gauner

I've got GOG TES4, and I'm using the Nehrim from the SureAI website. I'm just noticing in a recent run that my meats are not all roasting together like the mod said it would, and I seem to have Kim's default armor, not the petite and slim breastplate. :) I'll need to mess with those anyways, and I'll try running without mods.

There are the most recent saves and my mod order.
Dateianhänge
nehrim_mods_order_.jpg
nehrim_mods_order_.jpg (15.65 KiB) 8946 mal betrachtet
Saves_.zip
(643.48 KiB) 203-mal heruntergeladen
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Hello Flying Kites
unfortunately I don't have an English version here, in the German one there is a spell called "Lichtfunke" which is actually a healing spell.
Real light-spells work with your save.
(but we always test completely without mods, we can't support foreign mods, if at all, only the respective creator can do that,
errors due to mod combinations or wrong loading order can only be fixed by yourself).
Flying Kites
Gauner
Gauner

https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php? ... 7&p=108958 These hotfixes were causing the issue. Maybe it's far out of date for the current Nehrim version.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

hello Flying Kites

Good to know, but we can't change or support mods. The Steam version of Nehrim is the newest one.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1