Nehrim Crashing Frequently

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Xilestar
Bettler
Bettler

I got nehrim around 4 months ago through steam and have been playing and enjoying it however it crashes way to often i pretty much have to save every 10 mins or so, so i dont lose progress, anyone who has a solution to this problem i would be grateful.
and ingame i have autosave every 10 mins to off and i have auto purge memory on and i set the graphics to Stability
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Very often you can improve it with the settings in the NehrimLauncher, but there is no universally very good setting,
that is system dependent, thanks to the old engine.
-You can try for example with or without enboost.
-Otherwise try to change the details and the visibility, or turn off shadows / grass for testing.

ingame-settings must not make for it, also do not disable autosave, unless it always crashes exactly then.

That's all I can say for now, since we don't know your system.

Try this for now and report if anything happens
Xilestar
Bettler
Bettler

22.12.2020 02:54Stefanie hat geschrieben:
Very often you can improve it with the settings in the NehrimLauncher, but there is no universally very good setting,
that is system dependent, thanks to the old engine.
-You can try for example with or without enboost.
-Otherwise try to change the details and the visibility, or turn off shadows / grass for testing.

ingame-settings must not make for it, also do not disable autosave, unless it always crashes exactly then.

That's all I can say for now, since we don't know your system.

Try this for now and report if anything happens
Hello, i no longer have Nehrim installedas i was happy to finish it,but i want to play it again in the future with out these problems, however i can give you more details on my setup and what i tried in total.

My PC Setup is;
Graphics Card: XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 3000mhz

i originally put the graphics setting to very high as i thought my PC could handle it but when i kept crashing i decided to change it to medium i think or just turn off anything i would just normally turn off for oblivion itself(Bloom, etc) then i saw a Stability Setting then i clicked it and saw a massive bonus in how long i can play, from every 10 mins to around 30-40mins then i added a 4gb patcher since apparently this could help and it sort of did but not for long, at one point i thought auto purge memory might have been the issue as with the autosaves(apparently when i was searching for a solution a lot of people said this fixed it) and my game did not like that and crashed within 2 mins after, then i went nope thats not the problem, then i noticed something before i finished the game, i think all of these crashes happened in the Overworld and not in a cell(unless normal oblivion crashes occurs here) ill have to try to remember, because i remember having to travel somewhere then when i get and attempt to save the game, it would crash, but when i was in a long dungeon or just in one for like an hour or two no crashes.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

The only thing that strikes me negatively right now is that you have Bloom enabled, at the latest at enboost,
in most cases I would recommend HDR.
Your hardware is probably not a problem, more likely too good ^ The engine of the old Skyrim will simply not be able to take full advantage.
Disable autosave is usually not useful, delete savegames at a quantity below ~50 also not.
If everything is set correctly for your system, you should be able to play 1.5-2h or more without crashing.
If you have a lot of crashes in a row, you might want to restart steam or the PC.
Xilestar
Bettler
Bettler

23.12.2020 02:14Stefanie hat geschrieben:
The only thing that strikes me negatively right now is that you have Bloom enabled, at the latest at enboost,
in most cases I would recommend HDR.
Your hardware is probably not a problem, more likely too good ^ The engine of the old Skyrim will simply not be able to take full advantage.
Disable autosave is usually not useful, delete savegames at a quantity below ~50 also not.
If everything is set correctly for your system, you should be able to play 1.5-2h or more without crashing.
If you have a lot of crashes in a row, you might want to restart steam or the PC.
as i said in my previous post "just turn off anything i would just normally turn off for oblivion itself(Bloom, etc)." i meant i had turned off bloom and anything too graphically intensive, i think ENBoost was disabled.
baeuchlein
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 28 Mal

I had "Nehrim" crash frequently as well when I played it years ago. Turning on Autosava seemed to make it worse. Then I found out that the crashes usually happened when the games was loading another part of the map, mainly when going into a house, dungeon etc., so I got into the habit of saving right before entering or leaving such places.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

the autosave (and the connected "resting") is completely new in the Steam version of Nehrim, also other some engine parts
(because of this known problem)
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1