Start Game Bugs 

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
DragonWhisper
Bettler
Bettler

I recently downloaded Nehrim from Steam but there are several bugs which are keeping me from progressing past the second quest objective. First, I start in the Oblivion dungeon character creation menu where it allows me to choose from the new races as well as the Oblivion races, I figured it was odd but didn't realize it was a bug until I watched a video walkthrough. Next, after creating a character (using one of the three Nehrim races) I am given the quest objective that tells you that you have fallen through some floorboards and need to light a torch, only instead I spawn on top of some floorboards high above a seemingly endless lake. Finally, even after lighting a torch my objective doesn't update. Naturally unsure as to what to make of all this I went to explore anyways hoping to force the objective to update but didn't find anything aside from a few submerged hanging corpses and Celebro swimming in the water with me, albeit unresponsive. I also think it is worth noting that I tried changing the data files incase Nehrim was being corrupted by one or more of the Oblivion files with no success and I have no other mods currently installed.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum :)

you can try the following things (with Nehrim, Launcher, and Switchtool closed):
- delete the Oblivion.ini from (...\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion)*; a new one will be created with the next Launcher start
- switch back to Oblivion and let Steam verify Nehrim's files
- if both don't work you might need to reinstall Nehrim

* I don't know if ModManagers store this ini somewhere else

good luck :)
DragonWhisper
Bettler
Bettler

I tried each of these (except the oblivion.ini which didn't even show in the data folder), but now there's a problem where it won't even start from the launch menu
DragonWhisper
Bettler
Bettler

Its all working now, thanks for the help!
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1