Problem getting Nehrim to work on steam.

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Joel_Fix
Bettler
Bettler

Hello, I was quite excited the other day when I saw that Nehrim was finally on steam, however, I haven't been able to get it to work and am faced with the same error when I attempt to update it in the launcher, I have them both on the same drive and they should both be in the steamapps folder. I will include a screencap of said error. Any help would be appreciated. Danke schön meine Freunde.
Dateianhänge
Capture234567.PNG
Capture234567.PNG (478.94 KiB) 17565 mal betrachtet
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

Some other process is locking the files. Were any folders opened in the background? You could try to restart your computer and try it again.
Joel_Fix
Bettler
Bettler

Hello, I restarted my comp and got the same error. I made sure that the only programs I had open were the steam launcher & The Nehrim launcher before pressing update. It usually starts up fine but states that I need an update to play, and then the error shown above occurs. Is there any other way I could potentially fix this?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

for a test: Activate Oblivion with the switcher and close the switcher afterwards. Then start the update directly via Steam.
Then activate Nehrim again with the Switcher and only now start the Nehrim-launcher.

Otherwise:
Check if you have under ...\Steam\steamapps\common\ the folders: Oblivion and Oblivion_Backup (only exists when Nehrim is active)
well as Nehrim and the subfolder NerimFiles (the latter only exists when Oblivion is active) in .

Start the NehrimLauncher.exe once with administrator rights (can be set under file properties).

Make sure that no write protection exists on the folder:
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion as well as C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Oblivion.

Any antivirus program(then put it on the whitelist), Windows - devender or general Windows rights could also block this
(if e.g. , as mentioned above, an open file in named folders)
Miles to go...
Bettler
Bettler

I experienced a similar problem with Nehrim -- hence the reason I am replying here rather than starting a new thread. However, I was not getting an unhandled exception error, just that "switching" to Nehrim would fail with a suggestion to check folder permissions and possibly restart my computer.

This behavior did not begin when I first installed Nehrim. Instead, Nehrim would not launch after I "switched." Instead, it would crash on start-up. As a result, I "verified" Oblivion files through Steam and tried again. That didn't help. Then I uninstalled Nehrim and Oblivion. Trying again, the Nehrim launcher refused to "switch" to Nehrim and started complaining about folder permissions. That sent me down the Windows 10 permissions/UAC rabbit hole complete with several uninstall/reinstall cycles, including the manual removal of residual Oblivion directories after uninstalling within Steam. Nothing worked...until it finally dawned on me that the Oblivion_BACKUP folder was a result of my previous attempt to run Nehrim and not from the modding process for Oblivion when I last played it months ago.

In summary, "switching" can fail if an old Oblivion_BACKUP folder still exists when trying to "switch" from Oblivion to Nehrim. This is an obvious problem in hindsight, but the error dialog put up by the Nehrim switcher/launcher should have reported an existing Oblivion_BACKUP folder as the source of the "permission" problem rather than a more generic problem.
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

Thanks, figured that too and will be fixed.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1