Accumulated corpses make the game unplayable 

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Arcanod
Bettler
Bettler

Hello,

Question : is there a way to remove the corpses of the dead enemies?

Here's the problem: after the first dungeon, I wanted to increase my fighting skills by killing the respawning rats repeatedly before the next level up (yes, I'm a big fan of min-maxing and I want my +5 modifiers every time!). But the more corpses pile up, the more the game slows down… up to the point where it becomes utterly unplayable.

I tried to wait a few days, but nothing changes.
Please, how to fix this?
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 426 Mal

in that case you will probably have to load an older game, the engine is not designed to calculate extreme numbers of opponents.
(Which begs the question how you survive, by cheating or did I not understand it?)
Arcanod
Bettler
Bettler

I figured out that much, hence my question. I'm surprised that the game could throw respawning foes at the player's face and not clean the mess if the engine is not designed for it. Not to mention that you could get an unlimited number of rat meats (which sell for 1 gold piece)… But it would be an exploit at this point, and not roleplay in the slightest.

As for your question, I never cheat. Actually, I only allow myself to load auto-saves and play in the highest difficulty right from the start (even if the tension so far comes more from the random crashes than the battles). These pit rats do little damage and die in one hit. If needed, you always retreat from the nest to rest. That's definitely not a problem (compared to the pretty frightening "burning body" from the first dungeon!).

So, absolutely no solution to clean the corpses? This is bothering. Hmm.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

28.02.2020 20:32Arcanod hat geschrieben:
Actually, I only allow myself to load auto-saves and play in the highest difficulty right from the start
(even if the tension so far comes more from the random crashes than the battles).
please, for the love of all that is holy, do not rely on nothing but autosaves if you're not willing to replay the whole game.
it's one thing not to load any others, but bad timing between some random bug and too many autosaves in a row
could make all of them useless.

no idea why the corpses don't despawn, but the console might help here:
- open console
- click on a corpse
- type "disable" and confirm
(- the rat should vanish; rinse and repeat as needed)

please save beforehand in case anything goes wrong :)
Arcanod
Bettler
Bettler

Thank you, urst, it works like a charm! No more slowdowns. :)
The room looked like this before the cleaning.

I think I'll continue to rely only on auto-saves but with more regular backups, kept separately (the only one I had was after the first level up). Thanks for the advice.

(I'll edit this post when I'm done with the quest, which should mean they were probably no side effects.)

EDIT: quest completed! More than 700 rats were killed. :dumb:
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1