Problems With Audio

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

I may have found something
Oblivion does NOT like any sound setting over 2-channel (or Stereo)

Q) How do I know this?

A) I changed my sounds settings in Windows to 5.1 channel, and after that Oblivion NPC's lost their voices.

A.2) To make sure, I changed it several times from 2-channel to 5.1, back in to OB, npc's had no voices, changed it back to 2-channel (or Stereo), they had their voices again. Changed it to 7.1channel, back in OB npc's lost their voices once again, changed back to 2-channel (or Stereo), they had their voices again.

Q) How do you fix this?

A) Go to Sound settings, usually in Control Panel (or the sound manager that was installed with your sound card), There will be an option for Speaker Configuration (or similar), if it is set at anything higher than 2-channel (or Stereo) (such as 5.1 or 7.1) change it to 2-channel (or Stereo). Save the options and exit, then load oblivion, and talk with a NPC, and they should now have sound.

Note:

This is a general guideline, there are too many different audio managers for Windows XP, Vista, and 7. It would be impossible to list every version of windows sound settings.

If you need more help figuring out your audio manager, I would be more than happy to help. I would need some information first...

1) What windows are you using? XP, Vista, 7

2) Audio Manager (if you have one) (such as Realtek (there are others, but I've only had realtek, for ages) (there is usually a icon on the notification area of the task bar close to the clock)
maybe :?:
11 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2