Nehrim Crashes when trying to go south of the Sanctum for the Pilgrimage Main Quest to Narathzul Arantheal's Shrine 

Moderator: Moderatoren

16 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
GalenKnight56
Gauner
Gauner

So I finally decided to try this mod after having played Enderal. Aside from a few occasional crashes, I have really enjoyed this mod. However, when I started the Pilgrimage quest after having visited the mage Sanctum, whenever I go down south into a dense forest area where presumably the shrine to Narathzul Arantheal is, I always get a crash to desktop whenever I go anywhere remotely near the area around the shrine. I can go through the forest to a certain point, and I believe I can see the shrine marker on my compass. However, if I get to close to it I immediately crash to it. I tried purging the memory through the diary, that didn't work. I also have autosaves disabled. I should also point out that I am using Oblivion Stutter Remover, Oblivion Reloaded, Oaristys' Revamped Nehrim, moreHeap, ENBoost, New Vegas Anti Crash, and EngineBugFixes. But even after removing those I am still getting the crash. I even tried putting my settings to low but that didn't work. Is this an issue that can actually be fixed or will I have to use console commands to skip this quest? Thanks in advance.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

welcome to the Forum :)
23.06.2017 14:55GalenKnight56 hat geschrieben:
Oblivion Stutter Remover, Oblivion Reloaded, Oaristys' Revamped Nehrim, moreHeap, ENBoost, New Vegas Anti Crash, and EngineBugFixes
that's a whole lot of mods :?
(or rather a whole lot of "optimizers")
not sure how well those play with Nehrim.
maybe something stayed behind when disabling them?

have you tried loading a save before accepting that quest?

also maybe
- disable mods
- get inside a house
- wait for some days
- try again
?

if that doesn't help - could you please attach a savefile?
(...\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves)
(that way I'll see if that happens in my game too :) )

(skipping that quest would mean skipping a whole lot of story-relevant information :( )

maybe something of that already helps?
GalenKnight56
Gauner
Gauner

That is a possibility, but I will try loading a save before that. Maybe I will head to that area before accepting the quest. I aslo forgot to mention that I am also using kuertee's clean up mod to prevent save game bloating. Could that also be a problem? I also changed a setting that he suggested. I also did wait inside a house but only for one day. If all this fails, I'll give you my save game. Thanks!
GalenKnight56
Gauner
Gauner

Alright so I removed all the stabilizers and lowered the graphics settings and the problem went away. So it is either the settings were too high or one of the stabilizers I used was causing it. Im gonna experiment until I find out then I will post the solution here
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

good to hear it works now :)

note:
it doesn't neccessarily have to be the stabilizers fault; sometimes Nehrim /Oblivion just behaves like this :(
but thinning them out probably wouldn't do any harm.
GalenKnight56
Gauner
Gauner

I figured it out. After reenabling all the stabilizers and tweaking the settings, I found that for some reason that particular area does not like exterior actor shadows turned on. Leaving all the other settings untouched, I turn off exterior shadows and the problem seems to go away. Is there a way to fix that issue? If not then it's fine I can handle no exterior shadows just fine. Thanks for the help :)
GalenKnight56
Gauner
Gauner

Turns out that was not the only reason. Apparently if I set the visibility range of actors too high, then it will also crash in that area. So that is an additional thing to consider
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

that's a pretty odd bug :/

do you have a remarkably weak system?
in some areas* you'll need to turn off the distance detail (or whatever it's called),
but that shouldn't be the issue here :/
could try it nonetheless of course

you could also try reinstalling the game, maybe something went wrong there?

[+] pretty late game
dark forrest and crater region in the south.
you'll notice.
GalenKnight56
Gauner
Gauner

Well I have 8gb ram, i7-2600 3.4 ghz cpu, and nvidia 970. Also when I go further south past the shrine, even if I remove all the other mods and set all the distances to 0, it will still crash. And do you mean reinstall Oblivion or Nehrim?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

24.06.2017 17:01GalenKnight56 hat geschrieben:
Well I have 8gb ram, i7-2600 3.4 ghz cpu, and nvidia 970.
hm, should be enough :mrgreen:
Also when I go further south past the shrine, even if I remove all the other mods and set all the distances to 0, it will still crash. And do you mean reinstall Oblivion or Nehrim?
I meant Nehrim.
but please attach a savegame first - if I'm crashing as well, reinstalling will probably not help :?
16 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2