English Voices?

Moderator: Moderatoren

30 Beiträge Seite 3 von 3
GreenWitcher
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hey so, is this thing really going to happen? I've been very much on the fence for playing Nehrim, but unfortunately, listening to a language I can't understand all day is rather discouraging. :cry:

Even if it was sub-par English voice acting, It would still be an amazing accomplishment!
Lmaoboat
Krieger
Krieger

After playing Spires, I don't think I'll ever take low-quality English over high-quality anything else.
Mitro
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Lmaoboat hat geschrieben:
After playing Spires, I don't think I'll ever take low-quality English over high-quality anything else.
Good point. It's simply too much work to find enough professional voice actors for another language. Low quality voice acting or translation would destroy the game's atmosphere.
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

Well, it certainly has been a long time since I've checked this page out. Unfortunately, there really isn't enough support for this to happen right now. I believe I explained how I changed a few of the voices. If anyone else wants to attempt it, be my guest. Maybe I'll get super bored a again in the future, who knows?
NewYears1978
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I just found out about Nehrim on the Skyrim forums. I recently finished The Witcher 2 and am now bored without a current RPG to play..and ran across this. Read the entire website, watched videos (at work right now mind you) and got very excited...then I realized it's not English.

I have a hard enough time watching a movie with subtitles..not sure I can manage it in a game :(

Point being, I would be interested in English version or at least a mod of it. I might give it a go anyways but I doubt I will make it far without voice.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Definitely give it a go! This is a superb RPG, even with having to read the subtitles. If you like RPGs, this is one made by RPG players for RPG players. I've played it through 3 times now (I like to go everywhere and do all the quests) and on the average I have about 115 hours of game play each time; that should tell you something. One caution -- save often. :thumbsup:
NewYears1978
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
Definitely give it a go! This is a superb RPG, even with having to read the subtitles. If you like RPGs, this is one made by RPG players for RPG players. I've played it through 3 times now (I like to go everywhere and do all the quests) and on the average I have about 115 hours of game play each time; that should tell you something. One caution -- save often. :thumbsup:
Oh I am definitely going to try it. It looks amazing and I have 2 months to kill before Skyrim. My worry is I won't finish it before Skyrim.

Gonna try when I get home in an hour...though I still know the subtitles part will bother me...but I guess that is silly..games used to not even have voice ;)
Mitro
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

In two Month you can easily play through the mainquest, not as easy and boring as in Oblivion though :thumbsup:
MilesTeg
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

hm... I actually think Skyrim could be a disappointment compared to this :-)
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

Now that Skyrim has been out for a while, in my opinion, Nehrim is equally as fun as Skyrim. Also, the FBI shut down megaupload and the laptop that had my Nehrim work was stolen so...that's all folks.
30 Beiträge Seite 3 von 3