English Voices?

Moderator: Moderatoren

30 Beiträge Seite 2 von 3
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Ok guys, I see you're up to doing a huge voice modification to Nehrim.
I can give my support by writing in News sections (on Nehrim Wiki) that you are looking for English voice actors? Not many people check Mod section here (I just did it accidentally, I know nothing about modding).

Electrosheep, do you want me to put this information on Wiki? I don't want to do anything without your consent.

ps. I know German vocies are great, but for some people it's a big issue... I'm Polish and I can't play game with Polish voice acting;p It totally kills the game for me;p
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

You can if you want. The only thing is, I have a crappy mic and I'm not a professional voice actor. Although I don't think voice acting is that hard, there is a significant amount of white noise, and the volume is somewhat irregular. I'm doing it for my own entertainment. If you post it, be sure to be clear that quality is not necessarily a goal of this project. I definitely wouldn't mind help. Especially with the female voices, as I'm male. Anyway, I have no issue with you posting, so feel free.
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

I found a microphone with no white noise! Woot! Now I can actually have some decent audio input. Hoozah!
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

just as i figured. the only spare microphones around here seem to be spare because they are also broken. *sigh* :roll:
and as of right now my disposable income is precisely "zero". so when i do get around to getting a new one i'll let you know.
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

Casper hat geschrieben:
just as i figured. the only spare microphones around here seem to be spare because they are also broken. *sigh* :roll:
and as of right now my disposable income is precisely "zero". so when i do get around to getting a new one i'll let you know.
Ahh, don't sweat it. TBH, I haven't done much with the voices lately. I've been mostly translating the editor IDs in the construction set. Once that's done, working with Nehrim in the construction set should be significantly easier.
POLE7645
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hi. I've been waiting a long time for something like this to show up. I'd really love to help. I'm an amateur voice actor, but I believe I can help you with the project itself.

If you're looking for a place to arrange a casting, I can suggest the "Voice Acting Alliance" forums (http://voiceactingalliance.com/), which in an amateur voice acting forums where people can post auditions and projects. I'm a member here myself. To be honest, I would've started it, but I didn't know how to replace sounds and modify the game files (perhaps you know). I would've needed a character guide and a script. The guys at these forums are generally very good.

Let's just say that I'd be more than happy to be part of that project. But we would need to prepare carefully if we want it to come to fruition.
haidaboy
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Back when I was a kid we had this game called "The Movies". And we made little skits with it. And we used some software called "AVS Voice Changer" for the dialogue. This made it possible for one person to make voices for several characters. AVS won't change the accent or inflections in a voice, but it will change the timbre and pitch. You can make a male voice sound femail pretty decently if you want (and vice versa). I don't know if that will help anyone here or not, but perhaps it could be useful.
electrosheep
Krieger
Krieger

Wow. It's been a while since I've done anything with Nehrim, hasn't it?

I'll check out the voice acting alliance thing for sure. It would be nice to show people how to do it, and let them do all the hard work.

I'll also check out AVS Voice Changer.

EDIT: As you may have deduced, I stopped with the voiceovers a while ago to do work on the construction set itself, so it's been a super long while since I worked on the voices.
lice23
Bettler
Bettler

Well, if u really wanted to have some fun, Microsoft Sam is up for the task... ;)
Mitro
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

lice23 hat geschrieben:
Well, if u really wanted to have some fun, Microsoft Sam is up for the task... ;)
If you want to make it worse than without voice acting :lol:
30 Beiträge Seite 2 von 3