slowing down levelling

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Iv'e just been reading through the current TIE thread. It's almost enough to start me playing Oblivion again. I would love something like this for Nehrim. I'm loving the game, but am finding it to easy.

Nehrim allows you to progress at your own pace, no Oblivion gates or burning cities, but if you take your time your level rises to fast & then the game gets to easy.

I have the difficulty slider maxed out. I'm already using Deadly reflex, Better Blocking, Phitts, stealth overhaul, all of the sneak fixes for NPC's, Marksman's Challenge, Nehrim Weapons Rebalance, Kurtee's & probably 1 0r 2 others

My level 9 bare knuckle fighter mage, can handle just about anything she meets,in level 14 to 30 maps. " except Archers with high sneak skill! 3 arrows & I'm gone".

I've been travelling down the death pass & loving it, the 2 black widow spiders were something else, but I need to find ways to up the difficulty.

It struck me that increasing the points needed to level would increase the game difficulty as, unlike Oblivion your level has no effect on the game world .

The approach I would like is to start out with the same stats in the beginning of the game but to have a steeper logarithmic progression, so that the number of points needed to raise a level would rise faster & ideally would be user modifiable.

In Oblivion a mod like this would make no sense as the world levels up with you but in Nehrim where maps are leveled independently of the player it would be great.

At the moment I'm having fun by always being in areas that are many levels above me, but that means that I level up even faster :) as most of the critters have 200 to 250 experience on them

I am using the Attribute_steps.esp & as a workaround, I am going to reduce the the number of skills that I increase at each at each level up, but I would much prefer a global approach. It would be more subtle in it effect & would also reduce the number of skill points I would have to spend as well .I already have 40 or so in reserve

I would love a tool to do this but failing that at least a way to go about changing the base rate in the ESM would be great.

Is there any mod out there that will do that for me already?

Iv'e copied some of this from a post I made on the Mods for Nehrim forum on Beth, & Iv'e already been told that there is no INI fix & that only one of the Leveling mods, OblivionXP uses a system like this.

thanks in advance for any help BB
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

I agree about it being too easy. I have the slider at 100% as well, and yet i can onehit any enemy ive met so far, even the strongest, onehit with my bow, and i have poisons that would deal enough dmg to kill most mobs 3-7 times over at my level. On the other hand, the strongest mobs ive met so far would 2 hit me (if they ever hit me). Ive been using magic so far, cause its dealing a fair amount of dmg less, and makes fights a little more than just onehitting everything despite the 100% slider. I think the difficulty settings were done with another class of players in mind. Im thinking if you straight follow the mainquest without ever doing any sidequest at 100% slider, it might be a little challenge, but thats as far as it goes. Its to easy to avoid damage while still dealing considerable amounts.
Slower leveling wont help all too much. You will have a little less attributes, but your skills still level as fast. And having 100 dexterity and 100 marksman, or 80 dexterity and 100 marksman doesnt do a really big difference. But, if you on the other hand could make skill level slower as well, thats about the best solution i can think of.
And maybe double or triple all monsters HP, making fights longer. That seems like a nice idea to me.
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Skills go up far slower in Nehrim than in Oblivion already but I expect that could be changed in the same script that increased the points needed to level.
Iv'e been having a look at the INI file for OblivionXP & it has settings for all these variables.
The mod itself is to specific to Oblivion, to be easily ported over, but something like it could work wonders in Nehrim . I'm not a modder but this might force me to start looking at how to go about this.
So far I'm enjoying myself in the game but I would love to be able to slow it down. Another possibility is to reduce the skill points that you get from kills. I guessing that will be a formula as well . All 3 would be great together.
The Economy & alchemy are the other two areas needing attention, they are no worse than they were in Morrowind or Oblivion but i would love to get one of the better economy mods for Oblivion working in this game & I have been having a look at some of the alchemy mods to see if any them can be made to work in this BB
razzer
Schurke
Schurke

can you say which variables relate to these things in the ini files?is that in the oblivion ini files folder or the nehrim ini files folder?thanks
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

razzer hat geschrieben:
can you say which variables relate to these things in the ini files?is that in the oblivion ini files folder or the nehrim ini files folder?thanks
The Oblivion INI governs just about everything in Nehrim I think. Well at least thats my understanding. I have done everything I can think of to raise the game difficulty in the Oblivion INI & in game settings my slider is set to Max & so on.

I don't use skill points, at least not sense level 8. I used quite a few to raise crafting high enough to repair my weapons & Armor in the field, but other than that I no longer use them.

I hoping someone who knows what they are doing will notice this thread & give us some pointers on where to go from here Beebee
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

If anyone is interested in slower levelling in Nehrim,I have posted a solution on the mod request forum viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3280&start=70

Although there doesn't seem to be that much interest in modding the game at all from Nehrim players, judging from the responses to the mTes4 & Boss threads on here .

For anyone who is interested in modding Nehrim, Psymon's threads on the bethsoft forums are well worth exploring http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... ge__st__20

for a start & then do a forum search for Nehrim Regards Beebee
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

I have succeeded in my quest to slow down Nehrim levelling if anyone is interested this link will take you to the mod download beta

It's now on Nexus as well http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38191
Latest version for use with progress

If anyone tries it out please let me know how you get on Beebee
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1