TES-Construction Set for Nehrim

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
PersuadeBugUser
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

Many try to open the Nehrim Files with the TES-CS from the Oblivion-Directory. But this is false!
The two files NehrimData.esp + Nehrim.esm are just placeholders with zero content. You have to proceed differently to modding Nehrim.

You need these two files from your Oblivion-Directory (I'm assuming, that you have the latest "TES-CS_vers.1.2.404" installed):
  • TESConstructionSet.exe
    ssce5432.dll
Copy this into the Nehrim Directory:
  • Nehrim\TESConstructionSet.exe
    Nehrim\ssce5432.dll
Now you can modding Nehrim with the TESConstructionSet.exe from the Nehrim-Directory.
Attention! The file NehrimData.esp should not to be loaded. It is not needed for modding and may later cause unnecessary troubles. Please only upload Nehrim.esm!

Original Post from Hoxyd:TES-Construction Set mit Nehrim nutzen
scott100
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Oh, I just make a copy of my nehrim.esm and place it in the oblivion data folder, then when I launch the CS I just check nehrim.esm. Obviously this means I'm using a lot more space on my hard drive than is necessary, but I didn't know any other way to do it.

It also means I have to have the same textures and meshes(if the mod requires it) in both directories, so that it works when I stick the esp back into the Nehrim data directory. it's a long winded journey, but at least it works.
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere or how it was when this topic was created, but NehrimData.esp now contains the translations for magic effects.
Karsciyin
Gauner
Gauner

Question - are those working in the English version supposed to load the English one too? (Especially if they are modding things later modified by the English version, such as books, descriptions, etc)

Trying to modify a race with new meshes is proving very difficult. Loading the textures and meshes causes TES:CS to be unable to 'find' them (even though browsing shows them there). Placing them instead in Oblivion's directory, TES will load them into the values, but FaceGen Data shows that the meshes are not loaded. :cry:
...these are Oblivion's original meshes, extracted long ago and then copy/paste in the relative folder. Should I re-extract ones from the Nehrim Meshes BSA...? It hardly seems viable.

NB: When loading the esps in the Construction Set, some files cannot be read. The word 'bash' is mentioned. I presume this may refer to Wyre Bash, which I could not use because the instructions were so strange and convoluted I figured it would be safer merely to not touch it.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

If you want an easy Wrye bash install go here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22368
Need both bash and python installers. No need for configuration or anything else. Straight forward installers.

edit: you mention Tes_cs but not Tes4Edit. Have you altered master to be Nehrim?

edit/edit: actually I'm confused now!!!
Question/tip - when firing up cs editor are you putting your x next to Nehrim or oblivion? Should be Nehrim.
Question - When you have started your new race i.e clicked create new or duplicate one thats already there and then clicked on body types etc to find meshes/textures. Where exactly have you put you meshes/textures? Mine always go into meshes/characters/mynewrace folder and textures/characters/mynewrace.
Karsciyin
Gauner
Gauner

I copied the TES:CS *.exe and the repective *.dll file into Nehrim's folder. As for storage of textures and meshes - yes, I do exactly what you have done.
Further tweaking has shown the it can load TEXTURES, but NOT THE MESHES. Have no idea why.

Thanks for the link; I am looking at it now. (Wyre bash also apparently fixes my 'broken' magic, by which casting a spell gives my character a long-term GLOWING NIMBUS. I have found no mod to fix this, so hopefully WB can help.)

Have heard the phrase 'TES4Edit" but do not know what it means. Having googled it, it looks like some sort of add-on for the Construction Set...? Was never needed to use standard meshes with custom races before, but then again I was usually duplicating a race that had those meshes already rather than modifying one race to adopt another's. Should T4E be necessary for this?
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Tes4edit - use for such things as adding/changing master i.e from oblivion to Nehrim.
Or for helping you at the moment, load your race esp. Make sure Nehrim is the master. If not add Nehrim as master then use wrye bash to alter Oblivion master to Nehrim.
Tes4Edit will show which nifs and textures your race is actually using. Can see what is faulty or might need changing. Can manually edit locations from within Tes4Edit.

P.S only been teaching myself this stuff for the last 6 to 8 weeks.

Check the guide on this forum for converting mods to see how to install Tes4Edit correctly. I actually have 2 reg files on my desktop so I can swap it between Oblivion and Nehrim.

As for meshes, only meshes (nifs) you will see, will be for the head/eyes/hair etc. Not any body meshes, they come from the _male folder.
see Tes4edit below. Race I have half created, pinching bits from everywhere else.
[+]
Capture.JPG TES4Edit
Karsciyin
Gauner
Gauner

I can't open the file with TES4Edit... the file is in Nehrim's folder, not Oblivions, and it read up neither Nehrim's esps nor mine.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

When you start TES4EDIT,what esm's and Esps is it showing you can load.

Enlarge screenshot below, shows what my TES4EDIT looks like at the start for my Nehrim install.
[+]
tes4edit start.JPG Tes4edit begin
If Nehrim esm and esps are not there, you must check the guide on this forum for converting mods to see how to install Tes4Edit correctly. Tes4Edit needs a registry modification to work. Otherwise it looks in the Oblivion folder and not Nehrims.

edit: These meshes they do not happen to be hair/eye meshes by any chance? As these are added to the cs editor differently than body meshes.
If you want to, pm me with a detailed list of what you are trying to do. The meshes etc you are using and I can try it on my pc. Offering to help because I know how frustrating it was when I started a couple of months ago.
roxon_55
Gauner
Gauner

You can use TESGECKO to change MASTER FILE from Oblivion. esm to Nehrim.esm while you are in gecko Move Worldspace does come in handy at times Check which races you puting in under TES4EDIT example (00000907 = imperial race) under Nehrim is a ( Sound ) there are others that are Rocks check under Nehrim.esm BEFORE you put inany races.
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2