Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Aisis
SureShortcut
SureShortcut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

This is something I have made (and still make) for my own usage. It fixes a few things, that went astray in the process of translating or weren't translated at all. It's still at the beginning, since I fix everything I find and think is important enough to be mend. The changes may or may not be up to your taste (in some cases, or if you got used to the old ones).

You may use the added file, just be cautious and give it a good beta test before using it in your game for real! There should be nothing game breaking involved, but even the best make mistakes (not that I want to call myself one of the best :roll: ) and it is better to be cautious early then to cry later.

If you encounter any problems, that have never happened before installing this hotfix, then let me know! I play with all the mods made by me myself as well, but there always may be something unpredictable.

Fixes and changes in Version 1.0:

- the magic effects names (like the wrong translation of fatigue into endurance) are restored to the Oblivion original (where it was possible, new effects made for Nehrim were not touched). Potions you have already made, will keep the old names. New potions will have the fixed names (Restore Life Energy -> Restore Health).

- fixed some wrong counts and object names in the forging script. Now you should get the right informations about items and their quantity.

- Armorer skill renamed to Crafting (Like it was in the original German version, no more confusion about what that Crafting skill is.) Also changed settings names in the Diary script to fit.

- some translations added on unique items (Server, Blessed Dwarven Gauntlets)

New in Version 1.1:

- Armorer skill renamed to Crafting also in dialogue topics of instructors

- All teleportation spells belong now to the school of Alternation. (Before Mark belonged to Destruction, others to Illusion ans so on. No more confusion.)

- wanted quests map markers now also translated (Sly Eye's Den, ...)
ASTnehrimHotfixes01(EN).esp
Version 1.1 [Cleaned with TES4Gecko]
- If you have the previous version just overwrite it with this file
(109.85 KiB) 2233-mal heruntergeladen
Dateianhänge
ASTnehrimHotfixes01(EN).esp
Version 1.0 - [cleaned with TES4Gecko]
(107.35 KiB) 682-mal heruntergeladen
Zuletzt geändert von Aisis am 30.09.2010 09:51, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Lisnpuppy
Krieger
Krieger

Thank you very much!
Aisis
SureShortcut
SureShortcut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

:!: Version 1.1 is now out! See changes update and download in the top post.
Aisis
SureShortcut
SureShortcut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

:!: The thread has crashed on me when editing the top post and messed up the attached files. To avoid future crashes I'll post every new version into a new post.
Arzakon
Bettler
Bettler

Just one question. Is it compatible with previous savegames? I'm really looking for a full translation because I love reading books in Elder Scrolls games, but I just want to be sure I won't have to begin a new game and delete my current character.
Androktone
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Aisis, your fix contains entire NehrimData.esp. What for?

And by the way, do you know why NehrimData.esp has duplicates of records of Magic Effects, Sounds, etc. etc.?
Aisis
SureShortcut
SureShortcut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

1. My esp does not include the whole NehrimData file, but yes, there are copies of quite some of the entries. Why? Because else the magic effects would get damaged! I have done this mistake in the Old-School Magic Icons before and it screwed up my game. :? This is a way of doing things I do not preffer, but it's still better then beaking your game, right? (I'll see if there is another way of doing this, but so far I don't know about one.)

2. The NehrimData.esp has duplicates of those files, because they have been changed from the master file version and in order to keep the originals (probably as refference for comparison, who knows). The fact, that this was done in the NehrimData.esp and not the master file is also the reason for point 1 above. I am not sure, why they didn't make the changes in the master file, which would make all things easier, it's just the way it is.

@Arzakon: There are no book translations in my hotfix. It's only made to fix some stuff from the English translation, not to complete it. I am sure, the things I have fixed will be included in one of the future English pathces as well. And no, this will not make any problems with your older save games. I make the hotfix plugin while playing the game as well and no problems exist so far. There may be problems, if you uninstall the hotfix form your game and play with the old save files including it. But that is just a may be. I did try this before and no damage as well. But if someone wants to give it a really tough beta test, then they are welcomed to do so.
micalov
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Thanks for this.
Brumbek
Bettler
Bettler

Hi,

Thanks so much for your work! Any chance the messages about the shovel, pickaxe, and hammer in the intro mine could be translated? I translated it but didn't know where to look in the .esp to edit it...

Here's my translation from Google:

You've taken a hammer. You can use it to repair your equipment or to forge brand new equipment on an anvil.

You've taken a shovel. You can use it to search graves for buried treasure.

You've taken a pickaxe. You can use it to mine stones for valuable minerals.
Flying Kites
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

This mod/hotfix is removing the lights from magic effects. No surrounding light from self spells, and no effect lights from hitting a target.
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1