Mod conversion requests

Moderator: Moderatoren

106 Beiträge Seite 8 von 11
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

@ ibbeebee - Be sure to let us know if it works.
Carried on trying different things until I checked some scripts (creatures) and ep gained from killing them are in the scripts. Do not know much German, but scripts seemed to point to other scripts?!!! epwent and epfinal.
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

EPWert and EPFinal are both variables defined in the EXP scripts denoting the base EXP and given EXP, respectively.
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

TheHawk hat geschrieben:
Hi.

@ ibbeebee - Be sure to let us know if it works.
Carried on trying different things until I checked some scripts (creatures) and ep gained from killing them are in the scripts. Do not know much German, but scripts seemed to point to other scripts?!!! epwent and epfinal.
Well so far no. I may be doing something wrong when building the ESP. It is my first attempt & my first exploration of the CS so I could easily be doing something wrong.

This is the Procedure I followed, I Started the CS & loaded the Nehrim ESM, went to Gameplay\Globals\EPMultiplikator & increased the multiplier 600 to 800 & closed that window, opened Gameplay\Edit Scripts, clicked on the folder Icon, scrolled down to GlobalplayerScript & raised all 3 settings by 200, closed the window,& saved the plugin as SlowerLeveling.esp, & activated it.

If I am doing anything wrong with my script edits, could someone please tell me?

I can't see any changes in game, I loaded a level 2 save & there was no change in the number of points needed to level up, it was still 600 & I would guess, that if this was working I would have needed more .
I just tried going to a save just before a level up thinking that the mod might kick in after a level up but it's still the same 600 points. Hopefully someone on the Nehrim team will notice all this activity & come on with some advice Beebee
So so far I don't think it's working, but I think the answer is in the Scripts somewhere Beebee

PS I have had a further communication from arvythrend
The changes I proposed come into effect only if you start a new character, or reach level 20, 25 or 30. You would have to do them manually (per console) if you want them to affect your already-started character.
What I have done now is double the base points & doubled each of the other settings.
I will let you know how it goes but it's going to be awhile before I test this out, as I am busily building my first complete bain install at the moment.

I figured that Nehrim is a good place to start with Bain as there are relatively few for Nehrim and most have a simple file structure Beebee

PS has anyone made a mod to delete the Level Information from the Map? I think that being severely beaten or killed by a rat is enough to tell you that you shouldn't be in that area, & that its time to beat a hasty retreat .
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

I just added this a a PS to another post of mine but thought it was worthy of it's own post.

I think I have seen something like this on the forum somewhere but I can't find it

Has anyone made a mod to delete the Level Information from the Map?

I think that being severely beaten, or killed by a rat is enough to tell you that you shouldn't be in that area, & that its time to beat a hasty retreat .
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hi all well the latest version works maybe a little to well,
Zornac A modder on the Bethsoft Forums "He is developing a mod called Nehrim Improvements that you can find on Nexus thats really worth a look" has sent me these settings

Here you go I have attached the esp and this is the script edit that I did to it and the global setting is I believe 1200 what that will do is set the exp requirment to double what it was up until 5th lvl then it will go up from there as you can see below. If you have any questions just ask to this Email address it is the main one that I check almost everyday. Sorry for any confussion earlier as I have had about 2 hours of sleep in 30 hours I think I will go back to bed again. Good Luck.

if Player.GetLevel == 5
Set EPMultiplikator to 1540
endif
if Player.GetLevel == 10
Set EPMultiplikator to 1840
endif
if Player.GetLevel == 15
Set EPMultiplikator to 2040
endif
if Player.GetLevel == 20
Set EPMultiplikator to 2440
endif
if Player.GetLevel == 25
Set EPMultiplikator to 2740
endif
if Player.GetLevel == 30
Set EPMultiplikator to 3040
endif
if Player.GetLevel == 35
Set EPMultiplikator to 3740
endif
if Player.GetLevel == 40
Set EPMultiplikator to 4540
& an ESP .

With this ESP installed I need 6160 Points to get from level 5 to 6, before it was 2400.

I think thats probably a bit to much, but When I have my new game setup I will definitely give it a go. If anyone wants to try it , you can build your own script in the CS & I will ask Zornac's permission to send the ESP to anyone who wants it Beebee
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

@ibbeebee - useful information there. Glad you've got something going.
Also, you think it is a little high! What if (I'm taking it from your posts, you enjoy investigating/adventuring in between the MQ), you enable the esp when not following MQ and disable when you "carry on" with the quest. This way you would stay quite close to the levels the developers intended. :?: :roll:
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

TheHawk hat geschrieben:
Hi.

@ibbeebee - useful information there. Glad you've got something going.
Also, you think it is a little high! What if (I'm taking it from your posts, you enjoy investigating/adventuring in between the MQ), you enable the esp when not following MQ and disable when you "carry on" with the quest. This way you would stay quite close to the levels the developers intended. :?: :roll:
I don't think that would be possible I'm afraid.

The reason I have been chasing this for so long is that I find the Levels the developers intended lead to serious overpowering of your character, or the need to progress through the world way to fast.
If you use the default settings in this ESP, you will need to explore every nook & cranny in the world, & even then you will be struggling :twisted: .

If you want the global changes, you need to start a new game, & I suspect that if the "if player.GetLevel" setting were tampered with in game they might cause you problems as well. If you want to lower the ifPlayer settings I would do it before level 5

If 6160 points for level 5 is to much for you,try lowering all of these by the same amount maybe 940 or 1240 & then up from there. I'm planning to experiment with this in my existing game.
f Player.GetLevel == 5
Set EPMultiplikator to 1540
endif
if Player.GetLevel == 10
Set EPMultiplikator to 1840
endif
if Player.GetLevel == 15
Set EPMultiplikator to 2040
endif
if Player.GetLevel == 20
Set EPMultiplikator to 2440
endif
if Player.GetLevel == 25
Set EPMultiplikator to 2740
endif
if Player.GetLevel == 30
Set EP

If anyone wants the ESP I can send it if you PM me

Or maybe I can add here. Is it possible to upload an esp in here?
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hi all if anyone is interested I now have a working Leveling mod for Nehrim.Exponential Leveling Nehrim this was built on top of the work done by Zornac but operates quite differently .

It runs a script each time you level which adds 20, 30 or 50 points to the total points needed to level. This is only a small increase in the beginning but it accumulates really quickly.

It took me a few weeks to realize what my issue was with the standard Nehrim leveling system was . Nehrim's system adds 600 points each time you level 600 1200 1800 2400 3000 & so on.

This is fine for the first few levels but becomes less & less effective as you level up. In the early versions of the plugin the start value was doubled or more than doubled making it 1200, 2400, 3600, 4800 5000, with step ups at 5 15 & 20 .

This made life much more difficult for characters starting out .

Then Zornac created scripts for each level up increasing the points needed to level up every few levels but still with very high points in the beginning of the Game. I decided to try a different approach starting out with standard values & incrementing them by a small amount at each level up with +20 you get 600 1240 1920 2640 3400. In the beginning it's a very slow increase but the slope gets steeper & steeper as you progress I only have Characters up to level 19. I wasn't sure it would work, as all of the sample changes we had seen all ended in 40 but so far Iv'e had no problems.

at level 19 the standard points are 10800 with +20 they are 16920 with +30 19980 & with +50 26100 .

I'm not ready to put it up on Nexus yet I would like to talk to Zornac first but if anyone wants to test it in their game, PM me & I will send you the Zip of all 3 variants + an excel file of all the settings & their effects in game Beebee
roflmpso
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Unrelated to the levelling, I was looking at the list of German mods for Nehrim which is much longer than the English version, and even has sections like quest mods, houses, etc. that you can't get from just bringing oblivion mods over... I google-translated it and many of the titles look interesting. Would anyone who speaks some German or who is willing to auto-translate and convert some of the mods into english be interested in doing that?
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.
Do believe some have already been done. Not sure which ones etc.

This is a nice mod translated from the German if your looking for a floating mage castle home

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34838

Agree with you hope they see fit to translate some more. :)
106 Beiträge Seite 8 von 11