OBSE not recognizing game version

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Flying Kites
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

I only wish to use the Stealth Overhaul, and OBSE won't start the game with the error of not recognizing the version I'm playing. I put the Stealth esp into the Nehrim Data folder and checked it off in the Nehrim Launcher. What else am I missing? Thanks.
_____
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php? ... not-found/ I did this from the start, but I'm going to try again.
_____
I put obse version 21 into the Nehrim folder. I keep getting the version mistake somehow. Oblivion is definitely up to date. I have an Oblivion folder and a Nehrim folder. I'm only using the Nehrim folder to put mods into Data and putting OBSE into the Nehrim folder.
_____
This Oblivion is from Good Old Games.
_____
clearing large-address-aware flag (flags offset = 0000011E checksum offset = 00000160)
recorrecting exe checksum (00793BDD -> 0073A497)
crc = E243684D
You have an unknown version of Oblivion. Please check http://obse.silverlock.org to make sure you're using the latest version of OBSE, then send an email to the contact addresses listed in obse_readme.txt if this version is not supported in the latest release. (CRC = E243684D)
checksum not found

That is what the obse error log reads.
_____
My load order is Nehrim.esm, NehrimData.esp, NehrimEnglish.esp, StealthOverhaul_Nehrim.esp, and FastRoasting(EN).esp, "We Have the Meats," :D in that order.
_____
I'm thinking that if I can manually type the checksum into whatever file obse needs, then it may work. Anyone got a clue where I find that?
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 617 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum :)

just to make sure:
what version of Nehrim are you using?
with GOG you need the "old" version linked here, not the Steamversion.
(also, the Steamversion already includes obse)

if that's not the issue:
- are you using the GOG obse_loader? (that shouldn't be necessary)
- how do you launch the game?
Flying Kites
Gauner
Gauner

Hi Urst. I'm using the version you linked to on this website. I don't know what the GOG obse is. I'm using obse from the modding Nexus. It has obse ver 21 on there which I'm using. I've tried to launch Nehrim from its launcher and the obse error pops up saying that it can't find the version of Oblivion I have, which is the latest patch.
Eledwen
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 72 Mal

Hi!

I will try to help as best I can.

Oblivion from GOG is already large address aware, you don't need to apply that old patch.

I do not know about the OBSE version on the Nexus, but I always get mine here: https://obse.silverlock.org/
It is the homepage of OBSE, and it is the location of the most recent version. You need the OBSE GOG build 1.2.0.416. Your error sounds to me like you have downloaded the Steam version of OBSE, which does not recognise GOG Oblivion.

Finally, I suggest that you uninstall everything, do a completely clean reinstall ( deleting files form the AppData folders etc.) of Oblivion from GOG. Then install OBSE and test it on Oblivion without Nehrim first. If it works, install Nehrim. Start Nehrim without mods but with OBSE. See if that works. We'll go from there. :)

Best of luck!
Flying Kites
Gauner
Gauner

I've already done so, having installed from GOG again. I'll go fetch the sneak overhaul then. Thanks. XD Simple solution.
_____
Yet, things are not so simple. Figuring that OBSE is already on the game version from GOG, or at least it is large address aware, I went with a few mods, which are shown in the picture attached. I started up and didn't have sounds except music playing, and I couldn't move from the spot where I fell through the hole. The troll in the corner didn't react at all. Also, I'm posting picture of what the settings look like. Steal Overhaul is the only mod requiring OBSE, but I'm using GOG which should get around that?
_____
So, noticing this GOG only version on silverlock's website, I'll go ahead and try it out, then report back. :p
_____
:roll: So the bug wasn't a bug at all and the quest wouldn't proceed because I never took out the torch.

At least, I can say I now have the correct obse stuff going on. The GOG obseloader won't work without the latest version(21 in this case) files also placed into the Nehrim folder.
Dateianhänge
nehrim_obse_not_found.jpg
nehrim_obse_not_found.jpg (5.45 KiB) 3151 mal betrachtet
nehrim_mods_list.jpg
nehrim_mods_list.jpg (15.65 KiB) 3152 mal betrachtet
Eledwen
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 72 Mal

Hi!
You mised up a few things, but I am glad you figured it out. The Large Address Aware patch is part of the GOG version of Oblivion. OBSE is not, it is a separate download that must be installed.

Does everything work now?
Flying Kites
Gauner
Gauner

Yep. Things are great, thanks. :) I don't know what trouble I was having the first time around on silverlock's site, which led me to get the TES Nexus download. The Nexus download didn't work for me, but trying out silverlock for my second attempt I have no issues. I'm using the latest version, now 21, and I also added in the GOG exe from that site.
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1