Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 35 von 52
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Don't give up Hawk, you're probably dealing with one of the most difficult sections of Wiki :D And tables- the most annoying part of Wikia.
And yes, I guess Garnet has turned out to be the most skilful and organized of us all ;p

@Shatar
Feel free to write an article even on the whole Zerobilon:p It is almost empty.
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

@hawk
If you want i can do a test page for these multi creatures, i gain certain experience with damn tables. :) :mrgreen:
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi

@Garnet - have a look if you like.
What I am trying to do is keep all creatures beginning with letter A to one page, letter B to page etc. Think I have cracked it (although might change to colour code scheme, when recheck my html ). At moment just using comma or hyphen to seperate levels and using bold / bold + italics to identify ownership/ joint ownership.

Have one page as good as complete and just put second one up to play with. http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/CreatureB http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/CreatureA
Canal Goblins did not turn out too bad in cs, mostly differences in nifs used. Cave trolls a pain as half the ref ids are not in game (players game that is), they are the ones you see running round or chasing you.
Believe most of the pain doing "creatures" is sorting out the cs editor.

p.s Has anyone ever seen a Bear, Black or Brown, took out of list because cannot see in cs editor (young bears etc are there). strange.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

@Garnet - left this on your Wiki talk page, but thought I'd leave here as well.

Hi Garnet.

Tables look good - unfortunateley all tables have something in their favour. Whoever did the Flame Keeper did a nice job as well. There must be half a dozen different templates going around.

I was trying to get some sort of concensus about it before going forward, quite honestly because my ideas are quite different from any others.

1 page per animal etc is similar to http://oblivion.wikia.com/wiki/Oblivion_Wiki which I find a little messy, dislike scrolling too much to see info.

This site has a really nice layout (I think so) for creatures http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion , unforunateley doubt we could use that,their pages are less cramped than ours (no adverts/ excess white space) and load quicker.

So, until we can gather a concensus from everyone, I'm going to spend time going through cs editor, building spreadsheet and using coc/coe function to gather screenshots of missing creatures. (going through cs editor sorting it out will take some time anyway). :roll:
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

It seems that we need a consensus about Creature page, there are few options. I will expose the mine:
Every Creature and Boss on proper page, reasons: easy linking on other pages, visibility and easy for contributors for use.
using the table for numerical values first, all other informations with more data goes to written chapters like Descriptions
or Notes avoiding to get a chessboard instead of info table.
They are many Creatures like Zombies or Skeletons that have different values in stats, so every type must be mentioned separately, there is a page about Skeleton IMHO that can be taken like an example for these multicreatures.
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Normal_skeleton

The layout of Wikia is like it is and we have no possibility to change, so we must rely on our imagination.
I do few pages, but not sure about yet what is better, they are similar to some People pages.

:?:
I found this http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Mostvisitedpages, hope that don't include ours visits. :)
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi

@Garnet and all.
Left a message on kassandra talk page, hoped others read it.
If go to CreatureB page, have to go to it through search and click link i've put on top. Takes you to an "outside the box" idea i've had.
Reason looked at this idea, is shows all info (if unprotected (i think- not done it yet) can be used like proper spreadsheet, not going on, just take a look), pages load quicker. Lot more I can think of to do with it, but it comes down to what others think.
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Hey Guys!
Rally confused about creatures. I sometimes think that both of you are right and great ideas about Creatures.

I like separate pages for each creatures, as Garnet mentioned: http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Creatures
+ sometimes the creatures have different levels
+ can be more detailed (more photos) and expanded without any problems
+ easy to find for user (it will be enough to type 'Zomie' and a Zombie page appears
- a lot of clicking ;p
- will be difficult to put links when we have quest-related? Or longer descriptions like the way of l killing Eliath?

Hawk's idea (everything one one page, yes?) : http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/CreatureB
+ less clicking
+ easy to compare everything as all creatures are on one page
+ still has all the info that separate pages have
+ everything in alphabetical order ( if people don't know the 'type' alphabetical search will be easier for them)
- the new tables (the linked one at the top of CreatureB) looks too me a bit too mathematical ;p I mean tables and numbers... I need photos;p Somehting to make the page more attractive'inviting
- a lot of scrolling down if there are no heading and the table of contents

That's why I have no idea... Maybe temporarily we will have 2 pages about creatures like with people?
-division of Cr4eatures according to type (the one we have now)
- in alphabetical order ( one page)

I know it's not a solution but really have no idea.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi

@kassandara
- the new tables (the linked one at the top of CreatureB) looks too me a bit too mathematical
just to clear a little confusion here, that is actually not on wiki. (not part of creatureb page, just put there for you too see).
Have for ages been trying to find spreadsheet type layout, so if someone wanted to see i.e all quest related , can just reorder the column or most ep, just reorder the colum. Pics are limked at end (not nice looking links) but there.
Spreadsheet can be downloaded (when finished by anyone in excel, open office etc format). Would keep a lot of excess out of wiki and use other companies bandwidth.
As i said it was "outside the box" or not seen before,but saw google docs today, signed up and created the start very quickly, signed up to picasa - great pic software and linked screenshots. Allowed something like 1gb of pics. Would be difficult to do some things with, but propably carry on as a side project. In between writing,wiki,finding work,looking for somewhere else to live etc.

Do not mind which way go with creatures, but if single page.........really,really need just one type of template / format. Even if fields are n/a a lot. I believe consistency in layout, especially in same section is really important to give visitors a sense of order and ease of navigation.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Second post. So please read other above. Mentioned in there about Picassa software and website which I have uploaded half a doaen pics to - linked to spredsheet.
Something nice have seen to keep in mind for future, is you can create slideshows with music attached which can be embedded to other html pages. Might be nice if you have a large slideshow and want to add some Nehrim music to it. Just a thought. :mrgreen:
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Hi.
I have a headache, trying to figure out between Vergessene tempelanlage. Verborgene Tempelanlage and Versteckte tempelanlage.
So, we have a tie, maybe we get one's second opinion.
Take a look on Hawk impressive table, really a big job, but for a Wiki visitor is too complicated, and who wants this kind of information probably can read the CS.
There is a really need for Creature template, and if remain the option of one Creature/one page, maybe try something like for
People Template.
There is too much work on Wikia and there are only few people who push things further and is not easy.
520 Beiträge Seite 35 von 52